cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canyonhills1732's Status Update on 06/28/2017

I had 1 cigarette last Friday night and that was the last time I caved before I finally said I have finally had enough of these coffin nails. I have been smoke free since 7:30 pm Friday, June 24, 2017 and I can proudly say that I have been smoke free thanks to my psychiatrist writing a prescription for the Nicotine lozenges and I use them every 2-3 hours. I find that I do not even think of smoking. Oral fix. 
0 Kudos
6 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome. Glad to hear that your quit is working! Yeah. 
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your precious quit, you've made the best decision for your health, family and even your wallet and it's definitely the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the gift of LIFE, stay close and know that we'reall here for you and your quit. 
0 Kudos

very good. onward and upward
0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations and welcome to freedom.  So happy for you...you will not regret quitting.  I have over three years and I don't.  Keep stacking the days, stay close to the site, education about nicotine addiction and support are keys to success.  You can find both here...we all want you to succeed.  We are all here to help in any way that we can.  

​Ellen
0 Kudos

I didn't know you needed a prescription for lozenges? is that a state thing?  Don't stake your quit on the lozenges. The nicotine isn't the hardest part of quitting. I don't know your history. How many you were smoking before you quit? You may be getting more nicotine than you were when you were smoking. the trick is owning your quit not nicotine owning your quit. I could point to people who have been quit for years and can't stop using the nicotine. Oh it's great...blah blah blah blah never understanding what quitting is about. Giving all to requiring nicotine running their lives forever.
0 Kudos