cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmitola

Bmitola's Status Update on 01/25/2018

My husband and i are quitting together.  I've been at least a pack a day for 28 years (17-45). I am 2 days quit. It feels like a year. A long, horrible year packed into 2 flippin days! Like how you expect a small package to not weigh alot, but you pick it up and you can barely hold it for 5 min. It's "heavy" time. Like "hard" time, i guess. Are we allowed to cuss on here? Cause....f**k, man.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MarilynH

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the site and congratulate you on your 2 precious days WON the nicotine will be out of your on your 3rd day quit, please read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom. It's going to take time to get through the rough patches and to relearn life without the crutch of cigarettes quitting smoking Is definitely difficult to say the least but very Doable and so very worth it to be Free so hang tough because there's definetly Life after Cigarettes and you'll get there one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even one second at a time as long as you keep moving forward and stacking up your precious DOF  - Days Of Freedom then each evening you can look yourself in the mirror and smile and say yay for another Day WON. 
Bmitola

Thank you Marilyn! I really appreciate the welcome and encouragement!!
bonniebee

It is not easy but as Marilyn always so rightly says it is doabkle and sooooo worth it ! I smoked for 52 years and tried numerous times to quit through those years but never made it until I found this site . The support I got here was amazing I never want To go back to smoking no not ever I love the freedom I have now ! Stick with Ex and make a commitment to NOPE = not one puff ever! 
​Are you using an NRT ? I used the patch and it made a world of difference for me so much easier then when I tried cold turkey  . I still got craves but they werenoit as hard to bear . 
​congrats on your first 2 days after day 3 it doesn't get any worse it begins to get easier.
bonniebee

sorry about the typo's can't edit here !
Bmitola

Thanks Bonnie! Yes, on the patch. I quit smoking at work about 3 years ago, using the patch, then i'd take it off on way home and smoke at night and morning.  So my work days are easy. At least there's a mental break from the habit when i am at work. It also gives me hope that it does/will get easier in morning and nights.  Since it has gotten way, way easier at work. And i love being free from them at work.  Not looking forward to facing my first weekend without them.  I will get through it and maybe start to feel normal in 2021 or so. Lol. Thanks for your support!!! Means a ton!
Bmitola

Typos-shmypos. I don't care about that stuff! 
JACKIE1-25-15

You have come to the right place for a new day and a rebirth. The idea is to start at the beginning by making a commitment that no matter what happens or goes on in your life that you will not use it as an EXcuse to smoke.  Even if your husband starts again. that is no EXcuse for you to because each quit is their own. With that philosophy you will have success on this journey.    No it is not easy but it is doable by using that principle and educating yourself about nicotine addiction.   If you hang around you will see that quitting is doable, because many of us have.  Look forward a new way of life that does not include smoking.  It is all up to you and what you are willing to do to be smoke free.  Quitting smoking requires hard work and determination not to give up.   It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what.   Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction because education is the key to a successful quit.    Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101 o

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read.N Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking
Bmitola

Thank you! It is good to be reminded it is worth the pain/struggle!!!!
0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

You've been given some great suggestions.  I can only say it's all correct.  Keep coming back and congratulations on your 2 days WON.  One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, or even one second at a time.  You can do this and you will be very proud of yourself and you will be free.
​Regards,
​Michelle 🙂