cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cat Heads" and Gravy?

This is the time of year I think of them.

It's built into my annual cycle like smoking WAS in my memories.

Thing is, I was able to let smoking go and there will come a day when I let biscuits and gravy go, in the grave-y.

Here's my recipe:

1 L or Quart whole milk or half and half

1 roll of sausage 12-16oz

1/3-1/2 Cup Flour

Salt and pepper

I cook the sausage in one of those small entree trays that I've saved for this and defrosting those individually frozen fish portions for Hoggie.

50% for 5 minutes.

When it's cooked I use one of those square ended bamboo blades to chop it up in the 2 qt container I will be making the gravy in. If there's any pink, I can put it back in for a couple more minutes. I put the flour in first to coat the cooked sausage completely.

I then add the milk or cream and cook it on high for 5 minutes.

It won't be fully thickened yet but after those first five minutes, you can taste the salt the sausage has added against the sweetness added by the milk or cream and add your salt and pepper to taste.

Then you put it back in at 50% for 5-10 minutes and let it finish cooking the flour and thickening. 50% is so it doesn't boil over in your microwave.

Bake your biscuits and enjoy

This will make four large servings or 3 Dale size.

A wife's uncle by marriage in Kentucky called his biscuits "cat heads", because they were as big as "cat heads."

11 Replies
elvan

Not at all...let me dig it out and I will post it, I think there is a recipes group, https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/cooking-quitters  I WILL get the recipe out and post it, promise.

Ellen

I don't make mine that way but 

pastedImage_1.png

M n @ Signature 002-5.JPG

0 Kudos