cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-hibling

Davids Barbecue and Mandarin Chicken Casserole

Hi cooking a bit like quitting can be as hard or easy as we make it I feel!! However that said if you are preparing a supper for family friends the partners boss it would be great if you had all day to be in the kitchen and an limtlless budget - all too often we are short of time and sometimes short of cash! I never therefore feel guilty by using "aids" economical pre-prepared cans or jars of sauces for example with a bit of tweaking are my friends - like this recipe

Serves 4 You will need 2 tablespoons butter - (about 1 oz) / 4 chicken breasts/ 1x13oz can of barbecue sauce/ 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour/ 1 can mandarin orange segments/ sprig of parsley

Melt butter in large skillet or frying pan add chicken and fry on either side to brown about 5 mins either side. Pour over barbecue sauce and season with peper and salt, lower heat cover and simmer gently for about 40 mins. Remove and place chicken on warmed serving dish and keep warm. Blend flour with a little of the juice from the madarin can and stir into sauce then add the rest of the juice/syrup from the can and bring sauce to boil until thickened. Finally add mandarin segments and then pour over chicken pieces with parsley to garnish and serve!
I serve this with brown rice with either lima beans or carrots
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
debbie53

This will be Wednesday nights dinner!!!!! I love a detailed and all time consuming dish, but I ADORE one that sounds this easy! Your a sweetheart for sharing!
0 Kudos
debbie53

This is FABULOUSLY simple, quick and quite, quite GOOD!!!!! I used skinless, boneless breast and served it with a potato and onion casserole and tossed salad with a warm loaf of bread.
0 Kudos
david-hibling

Glad you enjoyed!!!!
0 Kudos
debbie53

I shared this recipe with a girl at work and she DIDN'T make enough!!!!! She has two teenage boys and a growing husband!! LOL
0 Kudos
claudia2

David, We had this Sat. night and it was great and very simple to make. Thanks for the recipe, it will come in hand. We always have all the ingredients in the house at all times, so that makes it even better,
Thumbs UP~!
0 Kudos