Cooking Quitters

Wonders of Cream of Mushroom Soup - dedicated to Chris

Brocolli/Cauliflower Casserole

1- 10oz package each of broccoli and cauliflower
  1 c mayonnaise
  1-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1 c shredded cheddar soup
  buttered bread crumbs

Cook vegetables in salt water until al dente. Mix remaining ingredients except bread crumbs. Add vegetables. Place in greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Beef Stew

1 lb beef cubes
  3-4 potatoes cut into bite size pieces
  vegetables of your liking or a bag of frozen vegetables
  1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1 c sour cream
  salt and pepper
  Place all in slow cooker. Turn on low and walk away. Come back about 8 hours later, stir and eat. No, I don't brown the cubes, not necessary.

Chicken and Pasta
  4c cooked, cubed chicken
  2-8oz cartons sour cream
  8oz spaghetti
  2-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1/2 c melted butter
  1c grated parmesan cheese
  Combine chicken,sour cream, soup and butter. Break spaghetti into about 3 in pieces and add to mixture. Keep stir until you get it all worked in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch dish. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
coug

0 Kudos
Kathryn16

I have been making a new recipe that I made up. It is beans and greens soup! Great diet food for this time of year. Send me a message if yu want the recipe.

0 Kudos
coug

Just added 20 new recipes that are lo cal/healty enjoy!

0 Kudos
coug

I made this meatloaf my hubby loved it

brooks meatloaf

Glaze:

Meatloaf:

•    2 pounds ground beef
  •  
  •    1 medium onion, finely chopped
  •  
  •    3 tablespoons ketchup
  •  
  •    2 large eggs
  •  
  •    1 slice white bread, torn into pieces
  •  
  •    1 teaspoon salt
  •  
  •    3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, whisk together all the glaze ingredients and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture into a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush some of the glaze over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 30 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Turn the meatloaf out onto a serving platter and spoon the remaining glaze over the top before serving.

0 Kudos
coug

If you are on a special diet and can not eat certain foods please let me know. I will post recipes to suit your needs 🙂

0 Kudos
coug

MEXICAN POTATOE SKIN BITES

•    20 small new red potatoes
  •  
  •    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  •  
  •    6 ounces Mexican chorizo, removed from casing
  •  
  •    1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  •  
  •    2 green onions, thinly sliced crosswise
  •  
  •    Sour cream, for serving

Directions

Heat the oven to 425 degrees F and arrange a rack in the upper third. Place potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, season with salt, and toss to coat. Roast until potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes.

Set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, heat a medium nonstick frying pan to medium heat and cook chorizo, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.

Slice potatoes in half and, using a melon baler or small spoon, scoop out most of the interior (leave about 1/4-inch of potato flesh). Divide chorizo among the skins and top with cheese. Bake until skins are warmed through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with green onions, and pass sour cream on the side.

Serves: 8* (does not include sour cream); Calories: 185; Total Fat: 12 grams; Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams; Protein: 9 grams; Total carbohydrates: 10 grams; Sugar: 1 gram; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 25 milligrams; Sodium: 303 milligrams

0 Kudos
coug

CRUSTLESS APPLE PIE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM

•   1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  •   4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut into 16ths
  •   1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  •   2 tablespoons brown sugar
  •   1 orange, juiced
  •   Vanilla ice cream

Directions

In a medium heated skillet add the butter then add the apples. Cook for about 2 to 5 minutes then add the cinnamon, brown sugar and orange juice. Swirl the apples around to make sure they all get coated. Cook another 5 minutes until apples are soft and caramelize. Serve warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream

0 Kudos
coug

CREAMED PEAS

•    2 tablespoons butter
  •  
  •    1/2 small onion, diced
  •  
  •    2 cloves garlic, diced
  •  
  •    Pinch of red pepper flakes
  •  
  •    1/2 cup heavy cream
  •  
  •    1 pound bag frozen peas, thawed
  •  
  •    1 tablespoon sliced fresh mint
  •  
  •    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions

Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once melted and foamy, add the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes and saute until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the heavy cream and let thicken, stirring for just 1 minute.

Add the peas and the mint and cook until the peas are bright green and warmed through, another 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
coug

0 Kudos
coug

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES...WE WOULD LOVE TO TRY THEM!

0 Kudos