Cooking Quitters

Wonders of Cream of Mushroom Soup - dedicated to Chris

Brocolli/Cauliflower Casserole

1- 10oz package each of broccoli and cauliflower
  1 c mayonnaise
  1-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1 c shredded cheddar soup
  buttered bread crumbs

Cook vegetables in salt water until al dente. Mix remaining ingredients except bread crumbs. Add vegetables. Place in greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Beef Stew

1 lb beef cubes
  3-4 potatoes cut into bite size pieces
  vegetables of your liking or a bag of frozen vegetables
  1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1 c sour cream
  salt and pepper
  Place all in slow cooker. Turn on low and walk away. Come back about 8 hours later, stir and eat. No, I don't brown the cubes, not necessary.

Chicken and Pasta
  4c cooked, cubed chicken
  2-8oz cartons sour cream
  8oz spaghetti
  2-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1/2 c melted butter
  1c grated parmesan cheese
  Combine chicken,sour cream, soup and butter. Break spaghetti into about 3 in pieces and add to mixture. Keep stir until you get it all worked in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch dish. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
sandee

Dang it. Now I need to add my recipes all over again! I'll be back!!!!
0 Kudos
tracey2

You're gonna be here for awhile so take your time!!!
0 Kudos
Sandy4

I need a new way to cook Pork Chops, any ideas. We eat them about once a week. I should also note I have the pickest family in the world. No gravy unless on the side, no veggies that look like they should be trees, no fungus, etc... This makes my job VERY hard because I DO like these things. But I am tired of having the SAME thing all the time. These people never heard of variety!!
  Thanks!
0 Kudos
melissa2

Sandy..that is too funny!
  Sounds like my husband the picky eater, Mr. Meat and potato guy..oh he will eat corn and green beans. I myself will eat anything..makes it tough to make different meals, but sometimes I just don't tell him what is in it, or disguise it by chopping and blending, but he will pick out anything green, red, or white that he doesn't know what it is...big babies...hehehe.
0 Kudos
Sandy4

Melissa- Oh so true!!! I have tried the blending of things and adding to spag. sauce and such. After doing all the work I figure they were getting maybe a Tbsp. of veggies. So why bother. ya know?!
0 Kudos
sally3

I made the Easy Pasta Bake tonight and it was absolutely delicious and so easy to make. My husband also loved it. I served it with a salad and garlic bread. Thanks Butterfly for the receipe! I'm also betting my grandchildren would love it!
0 Kudos
patty17

0 Kudos
chrisreimold

Hey all. New to the site and browsing different groups that look interesting. I've recently made the move to quit cigarettes - on Day 2, now - and decided to couple that with an exploration of cooking. I figured, if I'm going to quit something that I used to love so much, I'm going to find something else that I can love just as much, that is also healthy for me! So far, most of my experiments have turned out really well, so it seems I'm on the right track. 🙂
0 Kudos
lois2

Yes i do agree with you MIKE I LOVE SMOKE RIBS, TURKEY, BRISKET PULLPORK, MY HUSBAND SMOKE IT ALL, i did smoke for 41 years i have been free 96 days.
0 Kudos
lois2

only thing i smoke is ribs
0 Kudos