cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimshine

Where are Bookmarks saved?

Jump to solution

Frequently,when digging around the site, I come across something that someone has written that strikes me and I try to bookmark it to go back later to revisit or to share with another quitter here that I think it might help. 

Where are the bookmarks I'm saving? I can't find them anywhere? 

This new platform has triggered me more times than I care to admit.  On previous EX platforms, I could type in Giulia's, Youngatheart's, Thomas, Dale's, Jackie's and various other elders names and readily get to the information important to help me in my quit.  Does this not exist any longer or am I just ignorant to how to use the site??

It's like these folks don't even own their content anymore and I have to find it by going through  extraordinarily difficult hoops to try to find information that once helped me if I ever do find it. Mostly, it's just lost to me or in captivity and I don't know how to access it. It's maddening! Any help or suggestions? 

Like I said, maybe I'm just ignorant to how this works now. In any case, I'm not thrilled with this new platform. 🤬

Not smoking over it but I must admit the frustration of it all causes me to want to run for my crutch. 30 something days and feeling like kicking rocks today.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Kimshine 

My subscriptions

Bookmarks.

When I was responding  (I'm not anymore) I  checked Support daily.  Once responded to it moves the posts to Daily Activity. Doesn't make sense to have it separated for that very reason that posts are missed.

Barb

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Kimshine

Furthermore, I see folks posting in the "support" area of Ex and oftentimes their pleas or blog post go unnoticed. It seems that most support is in Blogs/Journals. 

How absolutely awful that these new folks don't know that posting in the "support" area doesn't get them much attention.  Sometimes I run across things that people posted in prior days and there's not one comment to help them. Now that's sad on so many levels on a site that is here  to offer comfort and advice! 

A$$ backward in my opinion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the site  { although there are lots of things I don't care for either ) I've moved past it . It is what it is and it still helps people quit smokIng . I noticed yesterday no one responding to posts .. whether they are posted in blogs or support they still come up on the main thread . I've had people choose not to answer my posts either when I needed help . Every new platform  Has a learning curve . When I first came to the old site I was lost there too , it took time but I learned . 

Take some deep breathes , or take a break , help who you can when you can .  For heavens sake don't smoke over it . I just got back from a break .. did me good . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might ask that question about bookmarks or do a search for the answer in the search engine or make  mention to Mark our community manager .  He will help you on the bookmarking question or other elders maybe like those you mentioned will respond . . I no longer bookmark things so cant help you sorry .  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have never used bookmarks, so can't help you there.  I will tag our administrator, @CommunityAdmin to see if he might help. 

I agree with you on past material.    can't find old blogs I have written without wading through every utterance I have made EVER - and after more than nine years here, that's a lot of verbiage.  You might check under "Best of Ex" on the homepage to see if what you like might be there.  I don't know how anyone gets something there now - or even how it used to happen, but a good bit of wisdom from over the years is captured there.

When I volunteer, I start on the homepage with "Journals/Blogs."  I don't go through "Latest Updates" because there is just too much to slog through to find someone needing help.  It includes all the pledges, game responses, group responses, etc.   If someone posts somewhere other than Journals/Blogs, I am afraid I miss them.  Oftentimes someone will alert me and will link the entry.  If you see someone there, you might @mention a few of the elders to get their attention.

It seems like every platform change the site experiences, the less user friendly it becomes - jmho!  I agree it is a shame that is so.

Nancy

tracy0924

@Kimshine I can’t be of much help because I am still figuring out how to navigate this site. I’ll tell you it’s not easy sometimes. But I wanted to say that I was surprised to hear that there is a different section for Support. now I’m worried that there have been a lot of people that have been overlooked as they have struggled and asked for help. Thank you for pointing this out. I’m now going to make a point of looking at this on a daily basis just to make sure that I am catching everybody!

Tracy💕💕

Tracy
maryfreecig

Triggers are just that--lightening fast!!! As for the support blog, well, it is unfortunate, but most often people are answered. There is a ton of helpful info on ex. As for missing someone's post on support, while I'd like to see every request anwered, I do believe that we do not rescue people. Quitting is a personal responsibility and an unanswered post is not going to kill a persons quit or desire to quit. My thoughts on that, but I will be mindful to look more carefully. PS--you can do the same for you have a lot of light to shed on quitting!!!

Barbscloud

@Kimshine 

My subscriptions

Bookmarks.

When I was responding  (I'm not anymore) I  checked Support daily.  Once responded to it moves the posts to Daily Activity. Doesn't make sense to have it separated for that very reason that posts are missed.

Barb

maryfreecig

Just bookmarked this page to see where bookmarks are. Clicked on my avatar for menu top right, clicked on subscriptions. In subscriptions there is a header for bookmarks. Also, you can bookmark in your browser. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kimshine I’m on vacation today and won’t be able to provide a thorough reply until next week but I wanted you to know I saw and read your post and see you got an answer from @Barbscloud . Here’s some info for context.

With every platform there is good and bad.  It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a way to aggregate and filter to the posts that a specific user has authored (excluding comments) and then sort them from oldest to newest so one can just browse. Ideally there would also be a way to filter further by location and type of post.  This platform is geared more towards search currently and they’re working further to improve it. I’ve already made the request to them to better surface content that a person has authored so it can be discovered more easily in a user’s profile. They’ve already mentioned that it’s a complicated enhancement, so it’s not something they could build easily just for this community.

We had to move platforms as the previous platform was going offline.  The good news is that our current platform is open to pulling some of the features from our previous platform based on needs of their clients(we’re one of many).  And they have already ported over some features but it takes time.  

No community platform is designed for a health intervention.  Most of them are geared for some type of product support so there will always have to be some type of adaptation to make the best of it.  

Thanks for the feedback left here.  

EX Community Admin Team