cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened To The Edit Feature on Journals/Blogs?

Jump to solution

I believe we were told we have two hours to edit a post we've written.

The dropdown menu shows the edit option here, but it does not on my blog posts.

Screen Shot 03-28-21 at 07.45 AM.JPG

0 Kudos
46 Replies

Yes, only in a discussion area, or, the report a problem area. Growing pains.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

This is crazy - I know I replied to this but cannot find my comment now - lol

0 Kudos

I think we may be on page 2 of the replies.

you see how this works?

ME EITHER 🤣

MarilynH

I'm wondering what happened to the edit as well I noticed yesterday it wasn't there shortly after posting.....

0 Kudos

I have faith what once worked

can work again.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem That is peculiar.  There was a setting I adjusted the other day to fix another issue and I wonder if making that change made the edit on Journal / Blog Articles disappear as well. That certainly wasn't my intent.  I've reported to Khoros that the edit option is now missing so hopefully they can help me find out why that is.  For the time being. If you need help with editing a post I'd be glad to help do the edits until we can restore the edit functionality. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

In the mean time, if you are worried about the inability to edit yourself, I recommend you write Forum Discussion Topics instead of Journal Articles as they have the ability to edit after you've posted until Journal Article edit issue can be resolved.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I don't think I've ever written a blog that I didn't have to go back and correct.

Now there is no working option to do that. And why only two hours when it did work?

Sometimes I don't get back to the site for 5-6 hours. I don't see why there is ANY LIMIT on the time allowed to make corrections.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem Thanks for your comment. If you'd like to provide feedback, I recommend you join the EX Community Advisory Board (ECAB) - EX Community That is where I'll be collecting feedback on the community to make changes in the future. 

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm not sure why the editing option disappeared. That is being investigated and will be restored as soon as I am able. It may have changed as a result of other necessary adjustments I made.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

This problem was posted two weeks ago and we still cannot edit our blogs.

You can't view your blog as it will post until after you've posted, then you can't edit it after it posted.

I still cannot VIEW, EDIT, OR POST drafts.

This was also reported weeks ago.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem wrote:

This problem was posted two weeks ago and we still cannot edit our blogs.

You can't view your blog as it will post until after you've posted, then you can't edit it after it posted.

I still cannot VIEW, EDIT, OR POST drafts.

This was also reported weeks ago.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

Yes Dale I realize it’s frustrating but until they can resolve it there is not much That can be done until Khoros can fix the issue.  They’re aware of it.  Honestly the way it looks prepublished, as a draft and published are not much different other than the embedded videos.  So that’s really not adding much never the less I see why you’d want to fix formatting and grammar that might not be caught.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos