cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donnamoryc

I was thinking it’s been 15 days since I last smoked a cigarette and I love the fact that I don’t need them as much as I did, but why do I consider myself a smoker still is it still too soon? I don’t get it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarilynH

A super congratulations @Donnamoryc on 15 precious smokefree days YAY for each and every day WON! You're doing super fantastic with your precious quit journey! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
biscuit9

Congratulations on quit day 15.  I cannot tell you when you will be able to declare "I am a nonsmoker" to the world.  At quit day 15 I was still fighting the nic monster, in my head, so I didn't FEEL like a nonsmoker, YET.  I felt like an addict trying to kick an addiction, still.  Also, I was afraid to call myself a nonsmoker, because I knew what it was like to fail at a quit, so I kept my excitement contained. 

As long as you know, you are striving towards your goal and that no matter what comes your way, you will not smoke, then you are winning.  For today, let that be enough?  It was for me.  Every day that quit day number got higher and higher.  I look forward to hearing you exclaim that you are a nonsmoker.  In YOUR time and in your way.  Keep winning!

Thank you biscuit nine that was a very interesting point you made it help me a lot thank you so much

MarilynH

A super congratulations @Donnamoryc on 15 precious smokefree days YAY for each and every day WON! You're doing super fantastic with your precious quit journey! 

0 Kudos

Thank you, Marilyn. I appreciate your support during this difficult journey.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on 15 days smoke free @Donnamoryc!

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

@Donnamoryc Congrats on 15 days of success.   Be patient with yourself--quitting is a journey.  Right now it's one day at a time.  You're a non-smoker today, so be proud of that each day.  You'll know when you feel like a non-smoker.  

I can't give you a specific time, but for myself, I struggled that first year.  So took a while before I felt confident enough to see myself as a non-smoker.  

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos