cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Reached the Limit for Private Messages

Every time I get on this site I end up getting an error message for something I've done incorrectly.  This is a new one to me:  Limit Reached of PMsLimit Reached of PMs

Since I don't send out many PMs, I'm just guessing it's because it was too long.  But I'm done with guessing games and trying to solve platform problems.  I may try again later, or I may not.

If anyone is wondering why they don't see me here often any more - the error messages just eat too much time, and the frustration level is simply not worth it.

Labels (1)
14 Replies
MarilynH

Ugh grrrrrrr I'm so sorry @Giulia you are missed my friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family! That's a new one for me too geesh! Huge hug coming your way Giulia. 🤗💝

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I understand.  I am just starting to feel like I can navigate after 4 months.  It takes time. Breathe deep. I know it can be frustrating.  Hopefully your issues will be resolved.

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

I have wondered where you have been lately. Now I know. I think we are losing more people every time we change formats. Just my thoughts. Hope to see more from you soon.

Stay strong

Terry😎

MarilynH

I agree with you Terry @meWisconsin! 👍

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

In the beginning of this latest platform, I would reach out to new people that were online by PM and would receive this error message - very frustrating.  I got some sort of BS answer when I reported it that the system picked it up as spam.  I agree, it's just not worth the aggravation any more.  Otherwise, I hope you are doing well Giulia!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia the error is just that numerous private messages were sent in close succession.  That’s not normal and isn’t likely something that one does every time they login. You’ll see it if you haven’t logged in in a while and respond to numerous messages but the average person won’t encounter it.  

To prevent spamming via private message we have a limit. I’ll look at the limit tomorrow to see what the limit is. I believe we’ve already increased it a bit since March and so can look at increasing it again.  

Some of the errors you’ve seen in the past have been fixed and there are a couple things still being looked at.  Limits aren’t a bad thing because it wouldn’t be pleasant if we were spammed with a whole bunch of posts or messages like April 2017. In two hours we had over 8600 messages posted.

Additionally we’ve already made some adjustments across the platform on others things to improve the experience since launch and there are some other changes that are pending.  Any time a community moves you make adjustments.  And we’ll continue to make refinements.

Whether you move or not there will always be people that aren’t around any more. we’ve also get people back who haven’t been active in while too, a couple of which weren’t active on Jive.  We also have had a healthy influx of new people in the last few weeks as well.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Not sure what you mean by:  "numerous private messages were sent in close succession. "  This is a list of PMs I've sent in the past month:  7/12, 7/13, 7/22, 7/28 and 8/1.  And of course the one I attempted to send yesterday (a week after my previous one)  which never went through.  "Close succession?"

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia The error corresponds to a limit allowed in period of time.  I will find out how many can be sent.  There are limits per min, 10 mins and hour.  If you go over the limit for any of those you’ll see an error.  I can’t check on the limit today but will be able to tomorrow.  

If you didn’t sent messages in close succession then I’ll try to test myself and we’ll have the Khoros engineers look at the logs to see what might have caused the false error.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

I gave you all the dates I sent emails in the past month that are listed in my inbox/sent.  None were what I would term "in close succession."