cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions & Observations Of The New Platform

Jump to solution

Can we still fix typos or clarify a phrase in our responses. (I think I tried and it didn't seem to work)

For me the screen is too glary.

The old platform with just the blog titles in a row solved this problem.

All the open white space within the blogs and then outside the blogs is kind of annoying.

I'm getting no notifications, ZERO. I don't know if someone responded to a comment I made so there's no interaction after someone responds to something you've posted. Is that email notification a setting we have to set up or change?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem 

• Typos can be fixed for two hours
  • We’ll see if we can make the font weight a bit heavier.  Should help make it seem less white.  I had responded about this in your other post about “softening” 
  • As of right now there are no planned changes to the Journal / Blog titles.
  • There was many requests for simplification over the last four years.  We tried not to have too much info overload.  There are some people who are putting their blog posts in the article teaser field so their journal / blog is appearing empty but hopefully soon people will get a hang of that.
  • The notifications are off currently as we’re still migrating the subscriptions from the 1.6M+ messages posted to the site.  Once that finishes then the notifications will be re-enabled.  
EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem As you can see notifications are turned on again.

How-To Questions: Please create one question per topic in Community Help Discussions - EX Community going forward and search before you post as I have answered a number of questions already. Mega Threads have vague subjects and the answers are harder to find. Also by posting 1 question per topic it allows people to Me Too things so that I know what the popular questions are.

Feedback: If you want to provide feedback on the new site. Best place to post that is in EX Community Advisory Board (ECAB) - EX Community 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Giulia

I agree, the white is pretty hard on the eyes.

My understanding from what I've read is that the email notifications have been turned off for now.  However if you click on the bell icon upper right, you should see notifications.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem 

• Typos can be fixed for two hours
  • We’ll see if we can make the font weight a bit heavier.  Should help make it seem less white.  I had responded about this in your other post about “softening” 
  • As of right now there are no planned changes to the Journal / Blog titles.
  • There was many requests for simplification over the last four years.  We tried not to have too much info overload.  There are some people who are putting their blog posts in the article teaser field so their journal / blog is appearing empty but hopefully soon people will get a hang of that.
  • The notifications are off currently as we’re still migrating the subscriptions from the 1.6M+ messages posted to the site.  Once that finishes then the notifications will be re-enabled.  
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem The hope is that by morning the notifications will be turned on again.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem As you can see notifications are turned on again.

How-To Questions: Please create one question per topic in Community Help Discussions - EX Community going forward and search before you post as I have answered a number of questions already. Mega Threads have vague subjects and the answers are harder to find. Also by posting 1 question per topic it allows people to Me Too things so that I know what the popular questions are.

Feedback: If you want to provide feedback on the new site. Best place to post that is in EX Community Advisory Board (ECAB) - EX Community 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
RoseH

I am groping to learn and I think a basic set of instructions about what is what would be very helpful!  I feel the same way as I did when I first came here...  It took me weeks to feel comfortable and to start to learn what I did to make something happen!  It is hard to teach an “ol’ dog new tricks...  we should have instructions about things in general, in my humble opinion!  Rosemary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

@JonesCarpeDiem I set my lap top to night light and that helps some with the glare.  I do hope they can make the font a bit darker as it is hard for me to read.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Turning the brightness down helps also.  I already had mine turned downed for my eyes per doc.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:
I do hope they can make the font a bit darker as it is hard for me to read.

We're working on it. We've made some improvements on several things and hopefully will be able to push those changes in the near future.

EX Community Admin Team