cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnetteMM

Who would say "Not Helpful"?

Jump to solution

When we check "yes" that a comment is helpful it's a wonderful, validating thing to do.  And the author gets to see who thinks they were helpful.  So my question is, who in the world would be so heartless as to check "no" ???  And why even have that as an option?  It seems unbelievably cruel.  Anything not helpful is simply ignored, right?

Tags (1)
26 Replies

kristen-9.7.15‌      LOL!!! I don't see anything so far Kristen.......Maybe later when we get a read out of our "latest acclaim"----but that is supposed to be positive feedback so...........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Kudos

There's an awful lot of "Hmmmmm"  going on here!   I also am gonna say it, Hmmmm!  

LoL!  I can not believe someone did mark something not helpful!  Did that really happen?

0 Kudos
indingrl

Question would you be HURT if I chose to SIMPLY ignore you? HURT is hurt WHY the question WHO would say NOT HELPFUL... plenty have IGNORED I think NOT FEEL ... for ME talking about ME... not mature on CERTAIN days I personally am a BIG BABY and when IGNORED.... in this MONTH.... everyone was HELPFUL but ME... I ran to MY Higher Power who is God I confessed MY BIG BABY... ism... aka I... Self... Me ...then I prayed for the PERSON who IGNORED only MY reply... obvious to ALL WHO replied to this blog and ONE of those people SAW with their HEART EYES what was CLEAR to ALL REPLYING to this blog gave ME her unconditional love and which TOLD ME... do NOT take it PERSOANL it aint about YOU indingrl... its about STAYING QUIT giving LOVE anyway and to KEEP LIVING MY LIFESTYLE putting ALL OTHERS ABOVE MYSELF... so ignoring what I call rejecting is NOT an excuse for ME to be lead by MY emotions it is a FAITH TEST TO LOVE and just continue being ME to be HELPFUL NO MATTER WHO DOES WHAT ON THIS SUPPORT GROUP please take what HELPS and leave ALL PEOPLE TO LIVE AND LET LIVE! We dont NEED excuses WE NEED LOVE AND TOLERANCE correct? Thats what was SUGGESTED when it HAPPENS LET GO AND LET GOD FOR ME! LET IT GO and I keep moving forward please take what helps and let go of the rest to be HELPFUL is MY only aim thank you and thank you Annette for your understanding and courage to ask because emotions are hard to discuss and only by Gods grace was I able to be blessed with spiritual maturity and SELF control in ME in MY Lord Jesus name amen NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF NO MATTER WHO SAYS OR DOES THEIR OWN THING FOR THEIR LIVES! Amen please keep coming BACK

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

AnnetteMM

If Helpful is turned off then Not Helpful would be as well.  This community platform is used by many many other companies and there is some utility in Not Helpful for other support communities.  I've seen it in a few cases here as well.  Rare, but yes there have been some cases where people have been overly sarcastic and their response was therefore not helpful to the person they were responding to. Yes, I guess it could be taken as being cruel but not everyone has to agree with an approach.  In fact, they might find that a suggestion has been tried but isn't very successful. The Not Helpful designation could help people steer clear of approaches that consistently cause people to fail at quitting.  With a new quitter, how is the person supposed to know that a particular approach has been tried and few people are successful with it?  We live in a society where there are reviews for nearly everything we purchase online and those reviews shape what we purchase. Those reviews also hopefully push the creator of the product to do better.  Similarly, it could motivate the person to improve their response.  Afterall, we should all be pushing to improve right?  Change is necessary and quitting is a form of growth and change. Change happens here every day.  Not a endorsement of being cruel to others but we should be open to both positive reinforcement and constructive criticism.

We do also have spammers on occasion trying to push their products on the site.  While I'm able to do a pretty good job at removing them without anyone seeing their posts, sometimes they fly under the radar. Using the Report Abuse button is the best way to get my attention however clicking Not Helpful will deporioritize responses that are out in left field.

@Everyone

Just as I recommend not using Helpful liberally I would also not recommend using Not Helpful liberally.  The Helpful and Not Helpful designations help to determine the relevance of things on the site. If something is deemed Helpful then it is prioritized over things that aren't marked as such an also over things that are marked Not Helpful.  Imagine you have four different people asking the same question.  One of the questions has responses but no Helpful or Correct answers. The next one has responses with a couple Helpful Answers and also a correct answer. The third one has no responses. The last one has responses but there is one marked with not helpful.  You want the question with the correct or helpful answers to bubble to the top in search results so you find the answer.  If there is a question with 45 responses and Helpful Answer marked on most of the replies this isn't helpful either. It dilutes the information and no priority can be assigned. Every response is on the same playing field.

Any additional questions?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Ah....this makes total sense Mark!  Thank you!  I really never even thought of hitting the "not helpful" response ever.  I just ignore if something seems not helpful.  

On another note, it's nice to know that you are watching for Spammers!   They really can be relentless at times!  

0 Kudos

I try to keep this site as tidy, spam free and useful as possible. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of last April again.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I gotta ask because I'm nosy what happened in April

desiree465‌ we had some spammers put over 8k posts in a 48 hr period. It cause some havoc. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark most helpful for ME just keep moving forward I do appreciate your Leadership in MY Lord Jesus name amen

0 Kudos

Heehee.  I had to do it just to see what would happen.  All I can see is No in red.  It doesn't tell me 1 person found this Not Helpful.    

0 Kudos