cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Top Places choice - who decides?

I made the mistake of going to my profile page and actually examined it.  The largest box is the picture box on the upper right.  Really?  And if you don't have any pictures, then it's just a big blank grey box.  I guess if photos is the largest box, that does truly indicate that this has become a social media site.

Then I went further trying to find the content I had featured before.  Had to scroll down past the reward summary,  but I did find it.  At least one of the things I had up there.  I don't quite remember putting the Elder's List as one of my featured content, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.  Find it kind of interesting that the reward summary comes above our featured content.  Personally, I rather feature my content than my rewards.  But - that's just me.

And then I looked at the "Top Places" category and noticed it said "E-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users."  Interesting.  I have earned 0 points in that group in the past 30 days let alone hardly visited that group.  And thus my question.  What parameter is being used to determine what a member's "Top Place" is?  I have certainly spent a LOT more time in other areas of this site than THAT and would certainly prefer, if I had a choice, to illuminate those places.  

It doesn't really matter.  It is what it is.  Just sitting here shaking my head.

Tags (1)
14 Replies

You are very wise.

0 Kudos

Lol not wise ... just computer illiterate ... seriously  

Had I grown up in the computer days all this would make sense .  I am sure l would view this through a different lens. 

Times change, I have not , but now I have to . This is 2020 and if you don't know computers you may not eat . I'm still figuring how to order food on line lol . It looks good but I don't get it lol  

Its a learning curve. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback.  There definitely are some lessons that I've learned since our last move. I'm constantly learning and collating feedback and seeking opportunity to meld and bridge between all the different needs while working within the abilities and constraints of the platform. Nothing will fit like a glove unless you build it from scratch and that is an expensive endeavor with its own challenges. Looking forward to building the future though.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I hear you.  lol

0 Kudos