cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This and That ( new group )?

Putting this out there just to see if there would be an interest at all for a group called 'This and That'?

Thought it would be fun to have an area where we could share ideas,recipes, crafts, grandchildren, our pets, fitness,diet, music, art.. camping, hobbies...just about anything really.

Only rule would be no Political or religious debates....Actually, no debates would be perfect. Lets just all get along, be nice to each other.

?????  Anyone ???? 

If so and theres an interest, how to start??? Mark

Tags (2)
36 Replies

Hi Mandolinrain 

sorry to hear about your bump and I hope you took advice and your headache is gone and thanks to you and everyone else for visiting me in United Kingdom Critters. 

I really like your idea for a group!!! 

It would help me in my quit to meet up with like minded people and talk about the inspiring and uplifting stuff you mentioned and take my thoughts away from you know what.  I am not alone am I?

How about setting up shop in one of the defunct groups? 

I was amazed and delighted with the response I got in just one day in a Group where no one had been for years. 

Let's make like Snow White and see what happens....ok....you know the scene where the forest creatures help her clean up the dwarves cottage.

Christophina wrote:

Hi Mandolinrain 

sorry to hear about your bump and I hope you took advice and your headache is gone and thanks to you and everyone else for visiting me in United Kingdom Critters. 

I really like your idea for a group!!! 

It would help me in my quit to meet up with like minded people and talk about the inspiring and uplifting stuff you mentioned and take my thoughts away from you know what.  I am not alone am I?

How about setting up shop in one of the defunct groups? 

I was amazed and delighted with the response I got in just one day in a Group where no one had been for years. 

Let's make like Snow White and see what happens....ok....you know the scene where the forest creatures help her clean up the dwarves cottage.

Was "Critters" intended?  Did you mean https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/uk-quitters?sr=search&searchId=cfb1ff2d-1e6b-460e-877f-163...‌? I actually went to look for a thread about pets from the UK after I saw the post and then it dawned on me that maybe auto-correct changed it from quitters to critters.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

It's 6.30 am here in England and I just had a Hitchcock 'The Birds' experience! A baby crow was making a racket in my garden. I went out to make sure it was safe from my dog and 20 crows appeared along side mum and dad all cawing at me! Scary minutiae of my life.

Sorry about my typo Mark or auto correct I dont know what happened there. I shall have to be more careful.

I got a story about a polecat in my garden too...very unusual for these parts...but that was weeks ago.

0 Kudos

That would be a Hitchcock moment, lol. They must be migrating somewhere...Whats a polecat?

Its 6am here right now. We had 11 month old grandson all night and we have a crib next to our bed for when he comes. He squeals a lot at night  and I hear EVERYTHING , so I never sleep t sound when he is here, but boy O love having him! Have an awesome day Chrisophia!

0 Kudos

I really think the crows were assisting the parent crows in protecting the fledgling in my garden. They hang out here all year round. 

A polecat is in the weasel family, but bigger....a ferret? Like a skunk. Anyway he looked very cross when I startled him....well we startled each other but I think I looked pleasantly surprised.

Wow 11 month old grandson in a crib next to you all night...you lucky thing. Hope you get a few zzzs today if you need them.

Any decisions yet on your This or That group?

0 Kudos

Also, to let y'all know...headache is gone. When I said she pulled out in front of me...I said it wrong,I  am sorry. She pulled out in front of me into intersection and then hit her brakes hard. But no matter, she and I both are ok. Just kinda bummer it happened Appreciate all the well wishes though. I truly was following her to close and should have given her more room, it was my bad.

0 Kudos
elvan

Mandolinrain‌ I am constantly on my kids about following too closely and I KNOW I drive them crazy but I tell them that you cannot predict what another person is going to do.  Glad to hear that your headache is better and that the other driver is also okay.  Sorry that this happened.

I asked what a polecat was when I moved from NY state to VA and my friend lives on Flower Lane...she said it USED to be polecat lane but people objected because a polecat is a skunk.  I had NEVER heard that.

I would LOVE to have a baby sleeping next to me but, the fact is that MY grandchildren are adults.  I have two younger kids who have yet to reproduce.

Ellen

0 Kudos