cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Reward Badges

Looks like Jive has changed some things on the platform  for the better!  Just noticed that if you go to your home page and look at your Recent Badges - if you hover over a reward you will see the person who gave it to you.  Which is really kind of nice.  It takes it from the anonymous smilie face or star to a more personal level.  And that makes the badge experience (if you're into badges and the like) much more meaningful.  

Maybe this has been happening for a while and I just never noticed it.  Because I don't tend to hover over my badges, but I just wanted point it out.  

pastedImage_2.png

Mark  Am I incorrect in thinking this is new?  And PS, when doing an @ Mark, you didn't pop up as first on the list as usual.  Do we now have to search to find you?  I can understand if you want to hide.  Just an FYI in case you didn't know that.

pastedImage_4.png

47 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There haven’t been any changes in this regard that I’m aware of regarding

the functionality of rewards.

And me not showing up. Not sure what logic causes that. If you just put @M

or @ma or @mar what do you get. Ideally if you put @Mark I’d be the first

result but I don’t know the magic that goes behind it.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

The "magic" could be simply that if you continue to refer to a specific member on a regular basis, that particular - whatever - shows up?  Just making you aware of the fact that when I did an @mark (not @ma or anything else, you weren't the top of the list and didn't even show up on the list as has always been the case when I've done an @mark.  I can understand if you wanted to take that algorithm out of the mix, but just saying - this is new for me.  And maybe for others who are trying to at@ mention you.  @ma,  @mar do not bring you up in the first five nor the next five offerings. Which is new to me.   If you want to hide, that's GREAT.  But if you don't  - just know that something has changed.  Either with my browser or with Jive.  But I've always felt confident when I put an @mark I would be able to find you.  

For the smart folks, they will copy and past your EX address here.  Just saying...  which is Mark 

0 Kudos

I noticed the change when I tried to get in touch with him, too.  @Mark no longer gives you the link!

0 Kudos

Giulia‌ and YoungAtHeart‌, I think it is sporadic...it shows up for a second but won't give me time to click on it when it does. The only way I could get it to mention THIS time was to copy and paste...Mark 

0 Kudos

I'll see if I can get this looked into . Ideally I would be at the top of the list when @mark is entered. Not sure why I am not.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention. But yes, copying my profile URL will get you there or just typing my Mark, then highlighting and then putting /people/mark in the URL field and inserting will also work. Or Click the Link button, then put in /people/mark in the URL field and Mark in Text to display field and it will work as well.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
indingrl

fyi my beloved Lady G - the names by the love gifts aka badges i have always seen the names - thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
Giulia

indingrl‌  Interesting.  I've never noticed the avatars showing up before when hovering over the badges. Maybe the name, but not the avatar itself.   But then I've never really hovered over them much in the past.  So many I don't know what I'm talking about.  lol Anyway I was delighted to see that. Glad you've been able to see it all along!

Mark's name is still not showing on the @ mention.

0 Kudos

Giulia‌ are you having trouble mentioning me still?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Not any more.  They must have just fixed it, cause about 3 days ago I still had that problem.  You're now back at the top of the list.  If it changes I'll let you know.

0 Kudos