cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elvan

Points again

Jump to solution

Hate to bring this up but my points dropped over 1300 this evening...what on EARTH is going on.  I think I would rather just get feedback...I don't understand why my points would go down, ESPECIALLY by more than they have gone up in some time.

What's the deal?  Anyone else?

Mark‌???

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
82 Replies

I had quite a few like over 200 disappear too Ellen and I think others have lost some.

0 Kudos

Ok, well I just didnt understand it, is all. Thanks for 'pointing' me in the right direction, lol......I would wonder what was going on as well if if my points were in red....and they were. I thought it was because of my lack of being active on the site recently. Sorry if I upset you..., surely didn't mean to. xoxo

Mandolinrain     I am done with the points, seriously, I don't really want to deal with feeling as though I am shallow if I notice a big red number next to my name.  It's not your fault...it doesn't matter.  I didn't come here to collect points, I came here to try to pass on what I had been given and to help other people.

I need a break.

XOXOXO,

Ellen

I Know my post here is a few weeks late, forgive me.. I understand now about the points - because once upon a time, I was deleting blogs and lots of people lost points and I Felt so terrible, I tracked down everyone who said they lost some and I tried to replace the points for them.
I'm with you, Ellen, I like to see how my posts and comments have impacted people. I always thought the points were fun. I enjoyed the challenge(s) of getting rewards for doing things on the site. It made me feel good to give them to others as well, along with a reward for them too!

I hope you get feeling better. Be Blessed.  

0 Kudos

It's terrible Ken deactivated his account; I enjoyed his blogs, his funny comments, his contributions.  The fact he deactivated his account sounds so extreme.  He could have just stepped away for a little while, decline his commitment to the Daily pledge, I have done so for the Freedom train when I felt it was going to put another layer of stress to my already fragile emotional state.  And no one judged me for that.  As for the points, sure it is nice when someone recognizes your contribution, or a new milestone you achieve, but like Ellen elvan‌ says, I would be as happy with smileys, little hearts, or whatever other kind of emoji expressing how we feel we would have available. 

Here, some for all of us tonight...

c2q

Even though Ken has deactivated his account, you can still see his blog posts here Pops.  I also hope he chooses to

reactivate. I miss him too. 

As far as points are concerned, if we have them, they should work. If they don't work, we should not have them. I hope Jive gets it all worked out soon.

Also, in my humble opinion, it is INSANE for people to lose points after the fact. Makes no sense at all. Did the action that got them the points unhappen? Ellen elvan lost a busload of points, not a handful.

Mark, when will we get another update on where Jive is at on this? Thanks.

Curious minds would like to know Mark !

0 Kudos

c2q wrote:

Even though Ken has deactivated his account, you can still see his blog posts here Pops.  I also hope he chooses to reactive again. I miss him too. 

Agree

c2q wrote:

As far as points are concerned, if we have them, they should work. If they don't work, we should not have them. I hope Jive gets it all worked out soon.

They're working for some people and not others. It's a temporary thing. Possibly by logging out fully and back in, it could fix it for some people.

c2q wrote:

Also, in my humble opinion, it is INSANE for people to lose points after the fact. Makes no sense at all. Did the action that got them the points unhappen? Ellen elvan lost a busload of points, not a handful.

I agree with you that in some cases the points shouldn't be lost and other cases it would be ok.  The ability for people to be able to delete their own posts and others as a result isn't right in my opinion. Yes on occasion something is double posted but that is rare.  There's no history for me on what was deleted.  So I have no record on where points were lost and in what quantity.

c2q wrote:

Mark, when will we get another update on where Jive is at on this? Thanks.

I don't have timing on it.  Sorry.  They're working on it accordingly to their caseload and it's respective priority.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Thanks for the response. Perhaps the problem can be fixed going forward, Mark‌. Also, I know that this isn't the first time there has been a problem with point accumulation, and that the current problem has been going on for at least a week. I know that people have given away thousands of their own points to others, but many of those others haven't gotten them. Where are those points?

I would like to believe that this was an important issue for becomeanex in support of their community base. Perhaps Jive can provide an ETA. 

0 Kudos

c2q wrote:

Thanks for the response. Perhaps the problem can be fixed going forward, Mark. Also, I know that this isn't the first time there has been a problem with point accumulation, and that the current problem has been going on for at least a week. I know that people have given away thousands of their own points to others, but many of those others haven't gotten them. Where are those points?

The first time it happened it corrected itself before it could be found out what happened. The only way to resolve issues is to catch them in the act. Unfortunately last time it evaded.

At this time I can't tell you where the points are. I'm not a software engineer.  

c2q wrote:

I would like to believe that this was an important issue for becomeanex in support of their community base. Perhaps Jive can provide an ETA. 

It is an important issue to us but less important than the issue with things going into moderation that shouldn't be and may be prioritized slightly behind other Jive customer's higher priority issues. I'm tracking it and it is appropriately prioritized. Since the issue isn't fully understood I don't have an ETA on when it can be temporarily or permanently fixed.  Hopefully we can temporarily fix things so that points can work temporarily and be restored more quickly until a permanent fix is created.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos