cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c2q

Notifications About Site Activity is inconsistent

I do not consistently get notification in my inbox on site activity close to me, even when I am a participant in the discussion or when I have  checked under actions to actively follow it.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
31 Replies

Yes online communities can be a spider web of settings.  If there is a problem I definitely want to identify and solve it. At this point I don't have enough info to identify how things are set up for you in order to replicate yours to then determine if there is an issue or not. If you'd like to pick this up in the future, please let me know. At this point there isn't enough for me to go on.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your attempt to solve my issue, Mark‌. I like your analogy of the spider web too. Seems very apt. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos

Sure thing

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

You are tooooooo funny Horatio!

0 Kudos

Hahaha!! Exactly how I feel!!!  VERY good response Patti!

Bree

0 Kudos

Mark

Mark, I seem to be having this problem this whole week.  I can't quit figure it out.  I've tried logging in/out, made sure I am following the people, checked my preferences.  Even people that I have been following since I have been here do not show up in my notifications when they comment. I searched for this topic and found this thread which c2q explains exactly my problem but I can't seem to resolve it.  It just seems so random. 

0 Kudos

kristen-9.7.15

1. Can you give me examples of things you expected to see but didn't?
    1. Please give usernames
    2. Please provide links to the content
    3. Is there any consistencies you are noticing?
  2. Have you checked your spam folder? On occasion a message or two can go into the spam folder.
  3. Under Actions > Following are any boxes checked for the topic you expect to be notified about?
  4. After providing the above information can I log into your account to look at your Preferences and the information you listed above to see first hand? You won't have to provide me your password.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Okay.  I will look for specifics and let you know.  It might be awhile   

We have a spam folder?  Or are you referring to my personal email?

0 Kudos

Oh and yes, you can absolutely log into my account. 

0 Kudos

Mark

inbox.png

Maybe this is my issue?  "Following" should be checked?  This just started happening this week soooooooo not sure. 

0 Kudos