cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Move To New Platform

If our data is being transferred to the new platform, why are we being required to provide 5 user name choices? 

Tags (1)
20 Replies
sweetplt

Hmm? I wasn’t asked to provide 5 user names? Did the site pm’d you Dale? 

0 Kudos

I got an email.

They asked me to confirm my user name and the link to my profile then ask me to provide 5 user names and said it was required . I didn't see any way to go on at that point, no button to click to get past it.

JonesCarpeDiem wrote:

I got an email.

They asked me to confirm my user name and the link to my profile then ask me to provide 5 user names and said it was required . I didn't see any way to go on at that point, no button to click to get past it.

You should see a "Submit" button at the bottom of the form to submit your answers. The link provided (link to my profile) was not to be clicked on but rather was an example of what a link looks like that should be pasted in the respective field.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

I didn't get the memo either. Any I won't smoke over it. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

FIVE user names - WOW

0 Kudos

1. Eenie

2. Meenie

3. Miney

4. Moe

5. Catch

Pick A User Name

Ho HO Ho

YOU MAY BE CALLING ME "CATCH"

Giulia

News to me.  However I could surmise that it's because there might be 6 Dale's, 10 Mary's, 17 Brenda's, and 45 Bob's already on the site.  So if you choose Mary, somebody's already got it.  There are 220 members who's name begins with Mary.  So let's say you chose mary10, and somebody's already got that, and mary12, etc.  Now I grant there probably aren't any other jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007, but perhaps there' a limit to name sizes on the new platform and that's why.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem

Different community platforms have different requirements. Our new platform requires that usernames are 15 characters or less otherwise it will chop off usernames that are longer than 15. You would become "jonescarp.aka.d" if we let that happen. We value our members here so we want them to provide new username suggestions of their preference for the new platform. As before, usernames must be unique though so that people can properly be @mentioned. There are a sizable number of people who need shortened usernames so we're having you provide 5 usernames so that it's more likely that you'll provide us a unique username so that additional usernames will not need to be requested. It's a big effort to get all of the usernames updated prior to the move so we're going to try to minimize additional messages needed in the event that someone provided multiple existing usernames.

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure that "jonescarp" is available so that probably would be a good entry for you. 

Thanks in advance for completing the form.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team