cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Insights

Jump to solution

I just discovered the Insights button.  It's really kind of neat.  You can't see anyone else's (which might not be a bad idea to add to the community leaderboard functionality Mark‌), but click on yours and take a gander.  You can see the impact of your content on 20 items.  If you look at the Individual Interactions you'll see a shadow avatar.  Click on it and you'll discover those are "Guests."  Are these lurking members who have viewed your page or those that have viewed your comment/blog material in general?  Or are they simply an aggregate of all the members you've interacted with across the platform?  Also, what does the percentage mean in the Profile Type circle?  Is it related to the amount of time spent on the site in general or in comparison to the membership time en mass?  Is there a document in the help section related to what Insights are all about, an explanation of the different categories?  Would be nice to have one, if not.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Giulia

Sootie  It's on your profile page.  Click on your avatar then on View profile.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ wrote:

Click on it and you'll discover those are "Guests."  Are these lurking members who have viewed your page or those that have viewed your comment/blog material in general?  Or are they simply an aggregate of all the members you've interacted with across the platform?

Likely content in general that they've consumed as you can't really interact with a guest. 

Giulia‌ wrote:

Also, what does the percentage mean in the Profile Type circle?  Is it related to the amount of time spent on the site in general or in comparison to the membership time en mass?  

Your participation on the site is comprised of different types of interactions.  Consumer (reading content), participant (responding), contributor (authoring).  Whichever you spend the most time will be the % and label in that box.  It could change over time.

Giulia‌ wrote:

Is there a document in the help section related to what Insights are all about, an explanation of the different categories?  Would be nice to have one, if not.

There is not one currently as we didn't really expect many to even be curious about it.  There is an "i" in the upper right that gives some information on Jive's site but it's limited.  I will consider it for future help documents.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Thanks for the information, Mark

0 Kudos

it doesn't load for me. I guess I have no insight.

0 Kudos

Sometimes you have to click on it a couple of times and wait a while.  Maybe there's an inconsistency in it.  

0 Kudos

I refreshed the page at least 5 times and waited. the page won;t load.

I'm not smoking over it.

0 Kudos

Dale, Sorry you are having an issue when you go to jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007 insights.  I tried to go to mine with https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/mark/insights and it wouldn't load but then when I went with https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Mark/insights it loaded right away.

What browser and browser version?  It could be somewhat related to your internet connectivity as it probably loads a lot of data to calculate the values.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Screen Shot 07-19-17 at 02.15 PM.JPG

yeah, I tried it. NADA

I use firefox

0 Kudos

Odd.  Yeah your internet speed doesn't seem to be an issue.  Let me try Firefox and see what happens.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

none of the three links worked. the first one too me to the right page but nothing loaded.

the second two took me to unauthorized.

0 Kudos