cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a bit confused on how to use the community

I am new to this site and to this community. My quit date is November 1st so I am in the process of creating my quit plan and gathering resources, and I am interested in reading everything I can as I want to make this as successful as I can. I am not good with technology so I do apologize for my question. I am completely confused on how to use this community site. Is there a "tutorial" that explains what all is available and how to access it? I have read some comments and some said something about different blogs available, another said something about different groups available (which I can't figure out how to join one or if that is even a thing). This is totally not the sites fault, I think it is just my lack of understanding. Could someone tell me what the basics are or if there is some sort of tutorial that could explain it? I would really appreciate it!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
elvan

The more preparation you do in advance, the better...it will serve you well when you actually quit.  PLEASE read YoungAtHeart‌'s comment and do the reading, make your plan.  Identifying your triggers and planning for what you will do instead of smoking will really help you.  Identifying the triggers may surprise you and pay attention to what actually happens when you smoke...if you are stressed out, when you have that cigarette...does it really help with anything? The fact is that all smoking does is to provide a distraction, you can come up with so many MUCH healthier and more helpful distractions.  Get some bubble juice and blow some bubbles.  If you smoke inside...stop that now, if you smoke in your car, stop that now, when you want a cigarette, put off smoking for a little longer each time.  You CAN do this, we ALL started at a beginning.  This site works miracles.

Again, welcome.

Ellen