cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Getting Settled In?

I'm curious as to why the "getting settled in" statement occurs and how long it remains on a person's page.  Someone recently joined and put up a blog to which several of us have responded, and when I went to their page, this is what I saw (below).  Is there a certain amount of time required to be on the site before one is considered "settled in?"  What are the Jive, or EX "settling in" qualitifications? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe that shows there until content that would be displayed there that meets the criteria shows up. If the person doesn’t do anything after joining then that placeholder message will appear.  I’ll do some testing and see what I can figure out. 

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

I was curious as to "until content that would be displayed there that meets the criteria" because one would think that posting a blog would certainly meet a major criterion.

0 Kudos

I just checked out Joann123 and don’t see that.  Are you still seeing it?

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

No, it stopped showing at some point not too long after.  

0 Kudos

Giulia‌ I saw this happen on another recent member yesterday. They had a couple comments but no blogs yet and it was showing "getting settled in" and then I poked around their profile for a minute or two and then when I went back to the overview page there was content there.  That leads me to believe that one of two things happened.  1. The overview page is populated on a schedule, perhaps a couple times a day and may not be real time. 2. And/Or it populates based on a schedule but may update based on someone viewing the profile of a given user which may make it populate faster. 

Still waiting on an official answer but that's my educated guess for now.  This is something kinda "in the weeds" and may require someone to look into the "code" to understand the expected behavior. Most "frontline customer service" folks don't have this knowledge so it may be a little bit until we have a definitive answer but wanted you to know what I had experienced so far.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.  Don't kill yourself over this.  I just found it odd that such a thing would show up even AFTER someone had already written a blog.

0 Kudos

I did find out that activity only is in there for 180 days. So if the last content/activity is older than 180 days then it might not have anything in it.  Still trying to find out what triggers content to show up there. But so far it sounds like there is a periodic search to see which member's overview pages need to be updated.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

I'm getting settled in.

0 Kudos

I JUST LOGGED IN AND SAW THIS ON THE MAIN PAGE   TOP OF THE LIST   WAS GOING TO WELCOME THE PERSON.. SO IT IS STILL THERE OR CAME BACK. EXCUSE CAPS ARTHRITIS AND FIBROMYALGIA IS NOT LOOSENED UP YET..  I have walked the dog already,ate breakfast,as there is a ladies day out today

0 Kudos