cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Error occurring regularly on hover over

Every time I hover over a member's name the past several days I've been seeing this

It's persisted.  So I'm contacting the admin.  It corrects itself if I do a second hover over, but it's occurring now on a regular basis first time around.  In any context, within a blog or on the Elder's List or within the inbox.  Just wanted to let you know, Mark.  And I've cleared my cache and gotten out of Chrome and back in and it still does it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies

Giulia wrote:

Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Well now this is very odd.  I just opened Firefox and checked on IT and it was fine.  Then I came back to Chrome and it was fine too.  So suddenly it seems to be okay now.

Giulia-

Yes, after you've been on a page a bit and you go over a couple names it starts working but it will go back to having that same error. Especially right after you load a page.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Well I'm loading new pages and it's still working.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah.  Yes.  Now it's not working again.  You're right.  Off again on again.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Getting an error message off and on when trying to get to members' pages from clicking on their name or avatar:  

An unexpected error has occurred

Chrome  Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This has unfortunately been a problem for some time off and on they’ve identified it as a bug but it will likely not be fixed until after we’ve moved off it. 

mark

EX Community Admin Team

I'm just curious Mark if you have any idea when we're going to begin transitioning into the new platform I'm really hoping along with you and everyone else that it's going to be a smooth transition and hopefully it'll be easier to maneuver around and I'm really hoping that it'll be as easy as this platform to post pics for people like myself that's not very tech savvy lol.

0 Kudos

MarilynH‌ I don't have a date yet but as we get closer and set a date I'll be communicating it in advance. It will be before the end of the year. It's a complicated project with a lot of planning and preparing. Some things may begin to shift a little to prepare to fit the existing furniture in the new home. 

Maybe we can do a tutorial of some kind about posting pictures. I fully believe if you're curious about doing something then you're able to learn it and we can get you posting pictures.  Posting pictures on here is pretty easy from a computer. From a phone or tablet it's a little more difficult because of a smaller screen and fewer options depending on your screen orientation. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Just to clarify the hovercard unexpected error is different from the unexpected error when viewing the profile page. 

I've put a workaround in place so that profile pages are viewable until they fix the error.

I am seeing the hovercards without issue Giulia‌. Are you able to as well?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Yes,  the hovercards seem to be working, except that some of the avatar photos are blank and some are not the current avatars.  But I assume that's just due to the workaround and the fact that the entire members' pages have altered.  Mark

0 Kudos