cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Video Not Working

9:22 AM 1/25/20Screen Shot 01-25-20 at 09.21 AM.JPG

Tags (1)
28 Replies

And then a second later it wasn't and then it is again.

EX Community Admin Team

Not again now 12:04 PM

Giulia

And not now 1:11 pm

Not now 7:08 PM, 2/6 - and it's getting ANNOYING!

Giulia

It's happening all the time to me.  Sometimes I have to try 5 or 6 times in a row to get it to embed.  Annoying indeed.

I've got a ticket open. As soon as they report it should be fixed I'll pop in here and report for you to check on it. Until then assume it's down.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Thanks for the response.

And how many tickets have been opened here since the site was migrated to this platform, I wonder.  Is this any different than reporting when we can't get to people's pages by clicking on their avatars?  Or different from badges and points not being accumulated?  Do "they" pay more attention to one "ticket" than another?  And the fact that they don't always keep you in the loop as the site owners who've paid big bucks (I assume) for the platform -...  no wonder you'll be moving on in the future.  

Anyway - after all these experiences of the platform not working over the past several years as expected - personally I now assume it will NOT work in certain community areas consistently (videos, points/badges, avatars).  That seems to be the norm, a given.  And that's fine.  Sad, but fine.  When one accepts the fact that you never know whether certain aspects of the site will work or not,  you let it go and move on.  Kind of like quitting.  When you accept the cravings will just be there and end when they end - it stops ruffling your feathers as much.  For me - I'm done with bringing it all up.  I'd rather spend my time trying to help people quit than pointing out points that aren't working or videos that can't be embedded or avatars when clicked on that lead to error messages. 

I'll be happy to test anything that needs testing, but I'm done with announcing the same problems over and over.  

I DID discover a workaround for the blog/link to a user page not working.  If you use the magnifying glass to search for the username instead, then click on that finding, it seems to get you there (at least it did for me yesterday!!).

")

Well, that's nice to know.  I think I tried that before and it didn't work, but I'll try it again.   AND, I think I'll try one other thing:  the address bar for people reads like this (e.g. for you)   excommunity(dot)becomeanex.org/people/Youngatheart.7.4.12  (I wrote out the word dot 'cause otherwise it will turn into an "at" mention).  

Giulia wrote:

Thanks for the response.

And how many tickets have been opened here since the site was migrated to this platform, I wonder. 

Couldn't tell you how many. They're opened for various reasons. Always more than one would like.

Is this any different than reporting when we can't get to people's pages by clicking on their avatars?  Or different from badges and points not being accumulated? 

Yup and Yup. Separate things entirely. Software is amazingly complex.

Do "they" pay more attention to one "ticket" than another?

Certainly. With everything there is always severity and quantity. Sometimes it is dependencies on others. There are so many factors at play.

And the fact that they don't always keep you in the loop as the site owners who've paid big bucks (I assume) for the platform -...  no wonder you'll be moving on in the future.  

Some people have a passion for what they do and others don't.  Sometimes there are resource constraints.  Sometimes things fall through the cracks.  Yes we want a working site. Things aren't working as well as we'd like them to be. Most software has a contract of some kind.  When it ends you re-evaluate the options and the resources available. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Anyway - after all these experiences of the platform not working over the past several years as expected - personally I now assume it will NOT work in certain community areas consistently (videos, points/badges, avatars). 

Unfortunately yes, however I'll do what's in my power to keep things running as best I can until we figure out a replacement. We'll be reaching out and involving community members. Certainly I've learned a lot in this experience but you have as well. We'll bring your feedback along with the other key stakeholders in to decide what happens next.

That seems to be the norm, a given.  And that's fine.  Sad, but fine.  When one accepts the fact that you never know whether certain aspects of the site will work or not,  you let it go and move on.  Kind of like quitting.  When you accept the cravings will just be there and end when they end - it stops ruffling your feathers as much. 

Great perspective.

For me - I'm done with bringing it all up.  I'd rather spend my time trying to help people quit than pointing out points that aren't working or videos that can't be embedded or avatars when clicked on that lead to error messages. 

I'll be happy to test anything that needs testing, but I'm done with announcing the same problems over and over.  

While I try to catch everything (and I do find things that are an annoyance to me that you might never see)  I simply can't so you're my eyes and ears. I really appreciate when you are able to let me know of a new issue, are able to test things or are to resurface an issue when it arises again.  I will work on being better about my communication when I need your ongoing assistance but also try to be better about when no additional feedback is needed while something gets worked on. Then proactively coming back and informing you that somethings been resolved so that you can know it is expected that it's working. What we don't know can hurt us so I do appreciate it when you inform me.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team