cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me the good reason why there are two sets of the same post on the home page?

Jump to solution

My brain can't see a good reason.

Tags (1)
38 Replies

It wasn't two columns of the same identical posts until two weeks ago. Someone made the change and it wasn't me.

10 different posts would seem preferable to two sets of the same thing.

0 Kudos

JonesCarpeDiem

There are two different issues going on.

As the admin, I made the change and am doing the best under the current circumstances. The "Newest Blog" widget can only have 5 blog posts or else it will fail more frequently. The "Recent Active Blogs" was added as a temporary fix because of your frequent reports that the "Newest Blogs" widget was blank. Hopefully the "Recent Active Blogs" will be fixed and will be re-ordering as people comment. I'm submitting a ticket to have it looked at to hopefully not having it showing the exact same thing. It broke recently as it had been working for sure on 2/27/19 and probably after that. I didn't notice it being the same thing yesterday. I look at the homepage fairly frequently so I would have noticed. The "Newest Blogs" widget is working as expected.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark

I didn't know the two were connected.

0 Kudos

JonesCarpeDiem‌ They're not related , two separate issues. The blank widget issue is happening after a bug in the update that happened in late January and the Recent Active Blogs widget was put up as a workaround until the Newest Blogs widget is fixed. Now Recent Active Blogs widget is also having a different issue that is yet unknown at this point.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Can you blank one of them out? 

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark

It looks a lot better without two columns of the same posts.

How about getting the one that remains back up to 10 posts?

0 Kudos

It's still there, just moved back down to the bottom so that they can investigate what is happening.

I cannot bump the remaining one back up to 10 as it will likely blank out again.  Their recommendation was to set at 5 until they fix it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Dale, be sure to ask things like this in Community Help so it get's my attention and since it's related to the site and not quitting. That way I get notified. I've moved it. Thanks elvan and Giulia for mentioning me to bring to my attention.

Mark
EX Community Manager

0 Kudos

Is there some reason you copied Mark's comment, Kim?

0 Kudos

I guess she wants me to start a brand new post  rather than keep it in one thread so as not to confuse anyone.

0 Kudos