cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Bonfire Suggestion

The event might get more attention if it were a featured blog during that time frame.  It doesn't show up on the HOME PAGE unless you have it filtered for "recent activity."  Or perhaps it could be put up as an ANNOUNCEMENT banner?

Tags (2)
17 Replies

Oh MY!

0 Kudos

Is that a man or a woman?

0 Kudos

I'm not really sure. (I don't remember the original from where I grabbed it on faceinthehole.)   It kind of looks like a girl's butt and lower torso attached toa  guy's upper torso (see the blur where the upper body meets the black outfit..? everything else in the picture is pretty crisp in comparison)  with long hair attached on top of it all. Can't really say.  Ah the magic of photoshop!  Let's say I HOPE it IS a man's arms!  Also, the skin tone of the legs is not the same as the arms.  Having played around with faceinthehole here on EX, I've learned it's really hard to get the skin tone the same as the original person in the photo and takes a great deal of time to get it right between contrast brightness and tone.  As you can see I tried to make your skin tone align with both the first and second pictures.   And I've never even used photoshop, so I can only imagine that the sophistication level of that platform is brilliant in comparison.  But this silly other thing is a great platform for me for learning should I ever venture forth into photoshop.  Hope you're not offended.

0 Kudos

Oh, so this is what you think I look like? Yes, I am a little offended but not totally surprised. I had no idea that I looked like a transgender to you.

As you can see I tried to make your skin tone align with both the first and second pictures. 

Thanks for the insight. Truth is light.

I hope I have not offended you

That is what people say when they know they have or intended to and are checking to see if they accomplished their goal.  From your explanation, it appears you put a certain effort into this which btw had nothing to do with the post.  Obviously it was intended since I am the only person you responded to. I will always try my best to be considerate and sensitive to others especially if I am aware of their likes and dislikes. I hope you are getting a good laugh.  I am not. Have a nice day. 

Wow, is that what we've come to?  Really?  Mentioning skin tone - you think it only applies to your skin tone?  As an example of skin tone problems in trying to make amusing (or at least what I THOUGHT was amusing)  faceinthehole mock ups... 

In this shot Jon is a bit too red, looks like he has a sunburn.  His face tone doesn't match those of his arms.

Tri & Jon on bike2.JPG

So I adjusted it to end up like this instead.  It's not quite right, either, but it was the best I could come up with.

Tri & Jon Bike 2.JPG

Another example of skin tone problems:

Marilyn, Ellen, Missy, Jennifer.JPG

If you look at the woman on the far left, her arms and legs are darker than the women on the right.  I was working with four different ex member photos each of which had different skin tones for Marilyn, Ellen, Missy and Jennifer.  Never even even got close to the proper hue with Ellen. 

Did I think you looked like either of those pictures I put up?  Of course not.  Was I thinking in terms of deliberately offending you with that first shot, that I think you look like a transgender person?  Uh, NO.  I was remembering our bantering back and forth about whose arms were stronger and which of us  would win an arm wrestling contest.  And I was remembering at the reunion how I gave up the fight before we even started, because you were obviously so much stronger and more in shape than I.  I was remembering how much I wished my arms looked like yours.  And I THOUGHT you would find picture amusing.  Truth.   

The second one couldn't be more feminine.  I thought that would be fun too.  Wrong again.

I put those two pictures up on this blog because I hadn't gotten a chance to put them up on the Bonfire before it shut down and I thought you'd get a kick out of them.   I actually was thinking that you might feel left out since I didn't get you up on the Bonfire.   I saw you respond here, so thought this would be a good place.  There are a couple of other people that I made mock ups of that didn't get on the Bonfire and I was going to put them on other blogs at different times also.  But not any more.  Learned THAT lesson.

I hope I have not offended you

That is what people say when they know they have or intended to and are checking to see if they accomplished their goal.

Actually it can also be what someone says when they suddenly perceive a reaction that makes them question the interpretation and want to make sure that no offence was taken.  "Accomplish their goal?"  My God, Jackie, I love, do you really think I would deliberately do anything to hurt you in ANY WAY?   I thought you knew my heart?  

I don't know what to say now.  I got it all so wrong.  I'm sorry I was not more sensitive.  I'm sorry I hurt you.  I certainly didn't intend to.  I've learned an important, very hard lesson.  I hope you can forgive me.

0 Kudos

I love it too, just seeing it now. I am certain that you meant no offense. I was actually admiring those toned arms in the pic with Jackie tagged. My arms look more like cooked spaghetti these days.  This is kind of sad, sorry it was misinterpreted. 
Ellen

ShawnP‌  First let me say that I think the bonfire great 

Yet if I didn't check my in box I would have forgot all about it.  Since this is a special event it should be on the front page easily spotted

Carl

MarilynH

I don't believe that you have a malicious bone in your body Giulia  huge caring hug coming your way sweetie and thanks for the pic of me with Ellen, Missy and Jennifer I love it.

0 Kudos