cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnetteMM

Are we not doing points anymore?

Jump to solution

I keep getting notified about my "latest acclaim" but have been at the same number of points for like two weeks I think.  If we're not doing points anymore, the "leaderboard" is meaningless.  If we are still doing points, why hasn't mine moved at all?  Is it broken?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
27 Replies

I didn't know any other way to ask.  Thanks!

No problem!  Mark usually sees it when you post a question, but I just wanted to be sure so I used the @mention.

Yes, I am subscribed to all posts in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help?sr=search&searchId=9859f305-8243-4864-ba...‌. So I'll get an email when you ask a question here. If you ask a question elsewhere I won't get notified so @mentioning is the way to go.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

I've only been an EX for 2 days. How does one get/earn points?

0 Kudos

Sdavisfl‌  There is currently an issue that is preventing some people from getting points.  Our community provider is working to resolve the issue.

Many of the activities you do on the site give you credit. Some activities count towards more than others. If anything is undone those points are removed.  The points don't count towards anything physical. Rather they're a reflection of time and contributions you've made to the site. As members establish themselves here long-term points become an aspect of credibility as part of your online reputation. Points, on their own, aren't the only aspect of credibility in online communities however. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Ok. Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jive reports to me that the points should start accumulating again.  I did a spot check and it seems that many of you have received them. Please let me know if you have not so I can dig into it further.

Please note if you look at your place in the leaderboard it may not reflect all points for today as it tallies twice a day.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
c2q

Annette, if it helps at all, points drive me crazy too. I don't know what the glitch is that let's some people's points roll along smoothly and others not. It's good to know that someone is looking into the problem, right? And when they get things unglitched for those of us still glitched, we may get a whole bunch of points at once!

Mark‌, to let you know, I have not received any points since about April 5, but I did loose about 400 points when Jive implemented their fix. Go figure.

0 Kudos

c2q wrote:

Annette, if it helps at all, points drive me crazy too. I don't know what the glitch is that let's some people's points roll along smoothly and others not. It's good to know that someone is looking into the problem, right? And when they get things unglitched for those of us still glitched, we may get a whole bunch of points at once!

Mark, to let you know, I have not received any points since about April 5, but I did loose about 400 points when Jive implemented their fix. Go figure.

c2q‌ Yes, they haven't been added to all accounts consistently since 4/5. Not sure how you lost points.  Points are only lost if you give them with a badge or a previous action is reversed that you were awarded points for.  Large amounts of points have been lost on a few occasions when people mass delete their content on the site.  I don't know of any case recently where this happened. Nothing Jive did to get points earning restarted for people who weren't getting them would have debited them.  

At this time I'm not confident that we'll catch up on the points that should have been earned in this recent episode. I'm seeing if there is a way to re-calculate the points based on actions. As of right now there is no easy way to do that.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team