Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Quad Squad

If your name has been mentioned here, you've been quit* 1,000+ days and have earned your comma! Way to go!

If you've made it in the past, stop by and let us know what day you made it to the Quad Squad.  We'd love to hear from you.  As I identify people who reach this milestone I'll be announcing it here.

Not sure how to calculate your date.  Go here and put in your quit date and click button to calculate new date.

Have an amazing day!

Mark

EX Community Manager

*by our calculation based on your sync'd quit date

EX Community Admin Team
19 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

priscillaw tchaney71 wendyb suewilcox56 Markov1074 dramos0918 mdmd4448 punk0410 CountryGirl62 KJay OliviaBurton cjp chrissy1980 Bec5162 crystallynn1971 DanielG2 tryingtoquit544 carloprivitera loukur samm5 nonsmokeratlast n.crawford32.nc wianno9616 cbhamby markermomma 

It's been a while since I listed the people who made the Quad Squad but I wanted to make sure you celebrate your huge success of adding a comma to your days of freedom!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!! It's been a while since I've been on EX but I decided to hop on, and while the site was loading I quickly calculated how many days it's been since my quit date. I was surprised to see it had been 1,056! I'm so happy to not be a smoker or vaper anymore. I ended up pursuing a career as a CNA and smokers were not allowed at clinicals or at the jobs I have worked at subsequently. So if I were still just as hooked on nicotine when I took my class just over a year ago, I don't think I would have made it, or I would have been forced to quit against my will - and that sort of thing never worked for me; it just made me feel bitter about quitting.

I also am now a part of a Tae Kwon Do school as a brand new white belt and am in my second year of Irish dance. Both but especially the latter would have been impossible if I had continued to smoke and vape and coat my lungs in all that crap. I am happy to be a part of these activities because I missed out on such opportunities as a kid but I can say that it is NEVER TOO LATE! It's never too late to start something new, and it's never too late to quit something old (like smoking). My fiance is also so proud of me since he hated being around me when I had to smoke or vape (he's allergic to nicotine) and hated the way my breath and clothes and hair smelled. I used to steal money from my parents for cigarettes when I was desperate and unemployed, but not anymore. They also used to fund my vaping habit which I feel really guilty about now.

Not to mention everything going on with the COVID-19 pandemic, if I were still inhaling all that poison today, I might have been in a more dangerous place if I were to catch the virus even after smoking for "only" 6 years.

1,000 days and about $7,000 saved. That was a sweet, sweet feeling; having my first paycheck that I didn't spend a dime on cigarettes or vaping supplies! 1,000 days and nearing 3 years of FREEDOM! I can't remember what I treated myself to, but I know I felt so proud of myself.

Happy Quitting, everyone!! Hope everyone is well and healthy and happy! -Kaylee

4 years of freedom!
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great news ShyButterfly95‌! I actually seem to notice everytime I go by a nursing home or care facility that there are so many workers smoking outside. This saddens me as I want those people providing care for people to be healthy. Glad you are doing well. Thanks so much for checking in!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Sandy-9-17-17

Wow!!!! Who would have thought there could be so many milestones to quitting, but I love this one......

One thousand days of being free.....Glorious!  I owe a lot of my quit to this site, and I will never forget to stop in once in a while just to say hello, and wish everyone good health and good breathing!   Quitting has changed my life in so many ways!  

elvan

So good to hear from you, Sandy, congratulations on entering the Quad Squad! I was astounded the first time l heard the term! It’s pretty awesome!

Ellen

Sandy-9-17-17

Hey Ellen, you are one of those people here that I think of often...... I know you have had some rough times health wise, but you are a strong "cookie" as we call it in my home !   I know it's not always easy for you, but you are a huge part of this site and the support you give off to others is astonishing to me!    You are always here, no matter what!   My praises to you girl!   

My love to you always!   

Barbscloud

Big congrats Sandy.  Always good to hear from you.

Barb

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey Sandy YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON isn't LIFE Grand without a Cigarette in Hand.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jwiegert @kevandodds @kimberlynng @Mholmberg @pocketteml @twiegert @unitorami You're the latest inductees who have earned your comma. Please login and let us know how you are. 

EX Community Admin Team

Edit: I posted my reply on the wrong thread! Oops!

4 years of freedom!