c2q

The Ex Cafe Fri 03.24.17

Welcome to the EX Café Friday March 24, 2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
52 Replies
c2q

Ahhh. The Queen of Chocolate has spoken the magic word. I'm fresh out of chocolate syrup until someone gets back from the store. How about a chocolate bottom instead? Here is something special for the Queen.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Question from a clueless baker (while I drink my first cup of the day, it's only 7am at my house), why do we call it "something (apple, strawberries whatever fruit) - coffee cake??? Is it just because you have it with coffee???  Because while I bought many times, I never tasted any coffee in it.

Daniela2016

How about some pure chocolate (parfait) with just a hint of raspberries for Nancy YoungAtHeart‌?

Image result for tort parfait

susan_m

Oh, we do indeed.  Let's plan on decompressing this afternoon!

Image result for resort hot tub

c2q

Daniela Daniela2016, you've got to stop . . . I'm busting something over here. You, clueless about baking? that's like saying the sun knows nothing about lighting up the sky.

And if you don't hand me a piece of that chocolate raspberry parfait right now, I think I'm going to pass out.

0 Kudos
c2q

Whoa, that looks inviting. Like the elephant said at the water cooler, "count me in."

0 Kudos
c2q

By the way, Daniela Daniela2016‌, did you ever get any more responses about your idea on using the cafe differently? Maybe this would be a good place to talk about it.

0 Kudos
Pops

If we "actually" ate this stuff as fast as we find it and paste it on here....there's not one of us that would be able to walk anymore.  Everyone of us would be sooooo overweight, and most likely all dying of massive diabetes....but the cyber diet is so much vicarious fun isn't it?  

Now where's my coffee????????????

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thank you, I do bake...love it, and actually make my own version of the "Parfait" cake...

But Pati, c2q‌, you did not answer my question, honestly why do we call it "coffee" cake if it does not taste like coffee?

0 Kudos
c2q

Sketchy stuff. Is that what they call it these days?

You just get one cup of this dark stuff, Pops‌. And never before bed time.

0 Kudos