Mortalzeus

The EX Café Thurs 02.16.17

Welcome to The EX Café Thurs 02.16.17

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
101 Replies
Mortalzeus

Ok folks, I have to tend to my flock  a lot going on today, but I have really enjoyed ever minute! See you later today or tomorrow (early).

c2q

Have a great evening Darren! Give 'em a hug from Aunt Pati. I'm excited to open the cafe in the morning, I've missed being around all my EXbuddies. See you when you get here!

0 Kudos
Whimsy3715

Hi, everyone! I didn't forget about ya'll at all. It's just been a very busy week and I've not had a chance to sit at my computer for any length of time. Today's my first "down time" opportunity!

I am now 18 hours smoke free. The Wellbutrin has done its job! Once I started on the full strength like doc told me to, within 24 hours, lighting up was horrible. I could actually TASTE the chemicals and feel the tar as it entered my throat. I immediately put it out and haven't look back. I gave all my lighters to my sister (she lives downstairs), detail cleaned my van yesterday afternoon, and have actually managed to enjoy my husband's day off work WITH him instead of picking fights. I don't feel irritable at all - yet.

Deep breathing exercises have gotten me through about 8 different times today, but I'm good. I just keep reminding myself that I have to quit. If I don't quit, I don't get the surgery. Without the surgery, I can't get my knee replaced. Without the knee replacement, I'm going to be in a wheelchair before I'm 45. I refuse to spend my niece & nephew's teenage years wheelchair bound and bedridden like their grandmother did for their mother and I. (Devil's advocate: my mother didn't have a choice because Multiple Sclerosis is a mean ol' @#$^$%$. But perhaps if my mother had taken better care of herself, weight wise and nutrition wise, she wouldn't have had the problems she did.) I digress. My point is, it's only been 18 hours and I feel good about this final quit. My mind is made up!

How are ya'll? What have I missed? I'd love some yogurt if you have any. Strawberry cheesecake, maybe?

c2q

Here you go Whimsy3715‌. Hope you wanted frozen - Strawberry cheesecake frozen yogurt for you.

0 Kudos
c2q

Holey diet-plan, Daniela! I just saw that cake you served! Thank goodness there was a piece left for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Whimsy3715

That is the ticket to this girl's heart right there, c2q‌... I love frozen strawberry anything LOL

0 Kudos

Whimsy3715‌ Congrats on 18 hours!!

0 Kudos
c2q

Hey Baristas - I'm runnig over to our supplier to get some more to-go cups. All you great EXs stopping by - the self-serve kitchen is open.

SelfServeBarNeon.jpg

0 Kudos
Pops

Well Pati, I will try to entertain the restless natives for awhile....any pesky takers out there???? The place is looking great as always.  I just love it here in the cafe.....

I just got home from work, and thought that I would hang around here for a little bit.  I posted a blog earlier today, something is different about the layers of views verses comments...not really sure what this is about, but I'm sure that it will all work itself out.  So if you have a moment this evening, try visiting my blog @/blogs/Pops8-blog/2017/02/16/so-do-you-realize-how-special-you-are I tried to stimulate a little EX banter on the site.  I will be curious to see what type of scuttle butt I get back on it by days end.  In the meantime, I hope everyone's evening is as peaceful as mine is here on the east coast with my besty friend Sebastian....

Sebastian in a snowball fight.jpg

I love this picture...it was taken during a storm that we got hit with two years ago.  This was the morning after a 32" snowfall the night before!  OMG!  Maryland was buried for 5 days as a result of this storm.  If there were any problems, you couldn't tell from the look on his face...Sebastian was happy to that he and his daddy were going to be spending time together all day long...and boy was it ever a long time getting dug out of that mess.  This year is nothing compared to that year.

c2q

Love the pic of Sebastian, the ice pup. I used to have a cat that loved to jump in and out of snow drifts. He literally looked like he had springs on his feet. Boing!

I'm out of here for now. Thanks for taking on the supper crowd. You know how loud it can get in here . . .

what a great day at the cafe!

0 Kudos