cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge September 2019

pastedImage_1.jpg

Happy September everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events  community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

The name September comes from the Latin septem, meaning seven, since it was the seventh month of the Roman calendar, which began with March. There are 30 days in the month of September, which starts on the same day of the week as December each year but does not end on the same day of the week as any other month in the year.

September has three birth flowers: the forget-me-not, the morning glory, and the aster. Forget-me-nots represent love and memories, asters represent love as well, and the morning glory represents unrequited love. The birthstone for the month is the sapphire. 

Fun “Days” in September include:

September 5th: National Cheese Pizza Day

September 9th: National Teddy Bear Day

September 16th: National Play-Doh Day

September 19th: International "Talk Like A Pirate Day"

Songs about September:

"When September Ends," Green Day

"September," Earth Wind and Fire

"September Morn," Neil Diamond

"September Song," Willie Nelson

"Maybe September," Tony Bennett

"The September of My Years," Frank Sinatra

Now that you have a few facts about September, it is time to pledge

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
542 Replies
TriGirl

Oops. I actually have SherilynX‌'s hand and the next can have mine!

donezo98

Happy happy September!! I'll take your hand. I pledge today to make my lungs an OXYGEN ONLY zone. I extend my hand to who's next.

Hannah

2 DOF

DavesTime

donezo98   Hannah, oxygen only is the only real way to LIVE! Congratulations on your second day on the road to freedom.  I'll take your hand, take a nice breath of fresh air, and pledge that I will not smoke today.  Holding my other hand out to our next pledger.

Dave

354 DOF

Mavihoja

Ahah, Dave, I think I've got this straight.  Are you the most previous pledger?  If so, all is well.  If not all is still well!

I gladly accept your hand of encouragement, and hence pledge my devotion to staying a non-smoker for today and N.O.P.E.  I'm a bit late today, but better a little late than not at all.

At this time, I would like to extend my hand to whomever decides to be the next pledger.  Welcome to September, All you harry nicotine and smoke free people!!!

Blessings,

Michael 72DOF!!!

mimi9896

Hi, Michael! Congrats on day 72 & thank you for your hand. I extend my other hand to the next ex. Let’s keep trudging along!

Mimi

11DOF

Mandolinrain

mimi9896‌ I have your hand and reach out to next Exer in line. We are not gonna smoke today!

Missy ~5 years of Freedom today- 9-2-2019

Jklos

Mandolinrain, I have your hand, and reach out to the next Exer in line this September 2nd, and congratulate you with all my heart.  I pledge to honor my quit, and thank everyone for their helping hands. 

Barbscloud

God morning jklos  I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

538 DOF

sweetplt

Good Morning Barb Barbscloud I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge...Happy Labor Day ~ Colleen 273 DOF 

wlh

Thanks for your hand sweetplt‌!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 913 dof