cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge September 2017

Happy September everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps to hold ourselves accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's  ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better! And be PROUD of YOU!

A special mention to Pops (Ken) who did such a magnificent job with this Pledge Page. Sorry you left us. You are missed. Hope you come back some day.

If there is anyone interested in taking over the Pledge Page - please let it be known. I'm just filling in for now.

======

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

=================== 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
363 Replies
Diannnnn

I don't know, but something ain't right about it...

0 Kudos
elvan

Giulia‌ I am honored to take your hand as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  Even if I run into that bird.  I offer my free hand to the next person in line who is ready to pledge

Ellen 1323 DOF

0 Kudos
vanlil

Hi Ellen  I have your hand a thank you for it  Watching Hurricane Irma and hope it doesn't hit us in the Keys.

Guila that bird is a stuffed bird right?

Putting out my other hand to the next person in line.

Lillian (vanlil) 442 dof

0 Kudos
stAn3

Thanks Lillian. I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today, no matter what. I offer my other hand to the next person to take the pledge. 

Stan   41 DOF 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Hi Stan, I accept your hand and reach out my other to the next in line and promise N.O.P.E. FOR ME TODAY!

0 Kudos
freeneasy

I take your hand Missy and pledge to not smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.   Jim1702 DOF

Bree19

Thanks for your hand Jim.  I pledge that I'm going to bed now.  I also promise that no cigarette touched my lips all day.  My other hand reaches for the next pledgeling.

Bree 188 DOF (I checked the number of days, for a change)

0 Kudos
c2q

Thanks for your hand Bree19‌. Sleep tight, cutie-pie. I promise not to wake you up as I offer my hand to the nEXt to pledge with us - I will not smoke today, no matter what.

Pati 2317 DOF

"It's not the number of days in your quit, it's the quititude in your days."

WDWfan

I need your hand in this as today is just day 10 for me! I'm trying to stay strong and I definitely need this support! And I extend my hand out to the next one that takes this pledge and hope I can offer support as well as accept it!

Giulia

Hang in there WDWfan‌.  Ten days is GREAT!  Just keep taking it day at a time, 24 little hours.

By the way - for anyone's who's interested - that bird I posted earlier is a Potoo: