cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge October 2017

Happy October everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge where we meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps hold us accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better!  And be PROUD of YOU!  Every day smoke free is a Day Won instead of a day one.  

===========================================================================================

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

===========================================================================================

What does October mean to you?  Did you quit a year ago in October and relapse and want to reclaim it?  Do you have a family member whom you want to honor with your quit during this particular month?  Is this the month you're going to achieve your "Forever" quit?  Or perhaps this is the month you quit a year ago and will be celebrating your first year's anniversary of smoke freedom.  

We'd love to hear a little bit about your October reason to quit or stay quit. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
404 Replies
wlh

Thanks for your hand Fee33‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and have my other hand extended for the next person to pledge with us today.

Lynne 238 dof

0 Kudos
Twohearts67

Thanks wlh for the hand along with my pledge not to smoke today and offer my free hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Thanks for the hand ♥♥.  I take it gladly and extend my other to the next in line  Jim 1756DOF

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I will take Jim's hand and pledge to not smoke today - and tomorrow - and the next day, etc.  Here is my other hand for the next in line!

0 Kudos
kkbbay

Thanks for the hand Jennifer. I pledge to make it another smoke free day, and extend my hand to the next in line.

0 Kudos
Fefun

I take kkbbay’s hand . I pledge not to smoke today. I extend my hand to the next person who would like to stand alongside us and make this pledge

George 45 DOF ‭

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I gladly take your hand George and congratulate you on 45 splendiforous DOF and here's my free as I pledge not to smoke no matter what is happening in life. 

Marilyn 1203 DOF 

0 Kudos
elvan

I am proud to take your hand this morning, MarilynH‌ as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my other hand to the next person who is ready to pledge.

Ellen 1378 DOF

vanlil

Thanks again for your hand Ellen - I also pledge not to smoke today.  Can you believe we are getting that storm from the Gulf of Mexico - not going to be bad but a lot of wind and rain.  Here in Key West TONIGHT is the FANTASY FEST (nudity) Parade.  They might be washed out.  We don't go to it because it is a mob scene but our bars and restaurant count on it for $.  So many of our workers need the $ badly to rebuild their homes after the hurricane.

Putting out my other hand to the next person who wants to pledge for today.

Lillian (vanlil) 497 dof

Twohearts67

I be that person vanlil I thank you along with my pledge not to light-up or smoke W.S.E. today and extend my free hand to the next person to continue on with their pledge.

0 Kudos