cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge November 2019

Happy November everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

I think the most important item to note in November is that the third Thursday of November is the Great American Smokeout!

Other fun things are:

• It is the last month of the Fall season.
  • November in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to May in the Southern Hemisphere
  • Elections are held in the United States on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
  • Some Christian churches celebrate All Saint's Day on the first day of November and All Souls Day on the 2nd.
  • American football is the main sport watched in the United States during this month.
  • Most, if not all, of the leaves have fallen off the trees by the end of November.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply. Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links. pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge. Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
674 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome Ethan.  Congrats on your first day smoke free.  Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

pmt

Welcome to this SUPER GROUP!!  I take your hand and pledge along with you to be smoke free today.     I extend my free hand to the next EXER ready to take the daily smoke free pledge.

pmt   39 DOF   🙂

Timkglenn

today is my second today is my second day of freedom from vaping I am 66 years old and stopped smoking my two pack a day cigarette habit over 30 years ago and foolishly took up vaping thinking it was a safe way to enjoy nicotine again at this stage of my life.... I'm a gay Healthcare exec who started vaping just six months ago when I got married to my husband.... and I found myself on this past Sunday riding a bicycle back from church and short of breath for the first time in over 30 years... so I threw my vaping pod away and I've been free ever since... I am using nicotine patches to deal with the Cravings which is something I didn't need to do 30 years ago but the vaping  seems insidious in its clutch,  and Incredibly rapid in the Damage that it caused, so I appreciate having this resource to keep me on track... although I am certain I will never pick it up again I value my health for the remainder of my life too much to sacrifice it to the very superficial and brief pleasures and vaping gave me I wish my best to everyone who is struggling with this most terrible and challenging addiction...  I can say to all from experience that it does absolutely get better and the urge to smoke or vape will go away whether you have a cigarette or vape or not.... so just don't give into it

NancyJC

Thanks pmt, I’ll take your hand and pledge to be smoke free today.  I’ll then reach out to the next person who pledges the same.  Peace. 

Nancy

4049 DOF

ClearColors

Thanks Nancy, I gratefully take your hand and extend my other hand to the next awesome quitter.

Nancy

Kimmysue8119

Thank you Nancy ClearColors‌! I pledge to not smoke today and offer my other hand to the next in line willing to take this pledge with us. 

Kim 97 DOF

Pops

Thanks Kim for the hand that I will gladly take as I EXtend my other hand for the nEXt EXer inline and pledge to not smoke nicotine in any form whatsoever......no matter what!

Pops with 70 DOF, woo hoo!!!!!

CurlyQ123

Thank you Pops for your EXtended hand! Congrats on 70 DOF! Here's to my 6 DOF! Hand extended to next person who needs support. 

Roj

Curlyq123 I happily take your hand and promise not one puff ever today and extend my other hand out to the next ex’r

PastTense

Good morning Roj‌, and thank you for your hand.

I pledge to make this crisp Autumn day another smoke-free day!

I extend my hand to the the next Exer

PT

Keep the Quit
PT