cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge November 2018

Image result for november images

Happy November everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

I think the most important item to note in November is that he third Thursday of November is the Great American Smokeout!

Other fun things are:

It is the last month of the Fall season.

November in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to May in the Southern Hemisphere

Elections are held in the United States on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.

Some Christian churches celebrate All Saint's Day on the first day of November and All Souls Day on the 2nd.

American football is the main sport watched in the United States during this month.

Most, if not all, of the leaves have fallen off the trees by the end of November.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
436 Replies
SaraCorinne

Good morning roller831‌ and thanks for your hand!  I will not smoke today, no matter what!  My free hand is reaching out to the next in line!  Happy Birthday DavesTime‌, it's my daughters 20th b-day today too!

Sara 76 DOF

minihorses

Well Happy Birthday! My brain had not had enough caffeine yet to comprehend that was in your pledge.  I'd sing to you but it's kinda hard in a post. Have a GREAT NICOTINE FREE Birthday.

Julie

Bree19

Hi ya SaraCorinne‌.

I think it's your hand I have to grab here.  Thanks for that. Have a brilliant smoke free day.  I pledge N.O.P.E and I reach out to the next pledgling.

Bree 613 DOF

DavesTime

Thank you, Sara!  Happy birthday to your daughter!  It's been many years since I saw 20...like 1976! 

DavesTime

Thank you, Julie!  Yeah, I need my caffeine in the morning, too. I don't indulge in my other wake-me-up drug anymore!

wlh

Thanks for your hand Bree19‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 609 dof

elvan

Hello there Lynne wlh‌, I am grateful for your hand this afternoon.  I am happy to pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who wants to join us.

Ellen 1748 DOF

Sandi4

Hello Ellen - I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today, tomorrow or Sunday.  My free hand is extended to the next person who chooses to pledge with us.  

Have a great weekend!

Sandi

314 DOF

Barb102

Hi Sandi. I’m happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. NOPE. I offer my other hand to support the next person to pledge with us. Have a great smokefree day 

Barb 288 DOF 

shashort

Wow heck it is already November! Where did this go?  Hi Barb I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what. I offer my hand to the next in line to join us.

Sharon 903 DOF