cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge June 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy June everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

June has the Summer Solstice, the day with the longest daylight of the year, typically on June 21st, which is my 1 year quit anniversary date and National Nude day.

Did You Know?

There is a term called, June Bug, which is given to many large bugs found in the United States, during May and June. The bugs get this name because the transition of larva to adult happens in this month. These are usually seen in the dark when they are attracted to light.

June is regarded as the luckiest month for marriage! Huh.  I got married in August.  Darn!

There are three birthstones for June?  The Moonstone, pearl, alexandrite.

June Quotes

It is better to be a young June bug than an old bird of paradise.
― Mark Twain

Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.
― Al Bernstein

Now that you have a few fun facts about June, it is time to pledge. 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge/blog/2017/04/02/sunday-s-promise-faith?sr=sea...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge/blog/2017/04/02/mondays-promise?sr=search&sea...

/blogs/Terrie_Quit-blog/2017/02/14/tuesdays-promise-accountability?sr=search&searchId=eadcca71-563b-...‌ 

/blogs/Em_12-blog/2015/05/28/wednesdays-promise-determination?sr=search&searchId=cbe12526-056a-4967-...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/daily-pledge/blog/2017/04/02/thursday-s-promise-contributi...

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations/blog/2017/02/17/fridays-promise-resilienc...

/blogs/Terrie_Quit-blog/2017/02/11/saturdays-promise-perspective?sr=search&searchId=ce49e7e1-7dbe-47...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
583 Replies
Cricket

Thank you Ellen! !!  I am honoured to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what !   I also hold out my other hand i support of the next person to join us.

Cricket @ 127 DOF

wlh

Thanks for your hand Cricket‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 471 dof

Twohearts67

Thnxxx wlh for your hand and I pledge not to smoke at all today WSE,and I extend my free hand to the next EXer in line.

noknowing

Thanks twohearts67 for your hand. I pledge to not smoke today and extend my hand for the next person to pledge. 

Julia 37 DOF 

constanceclum

Hi Julia, I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what. I offer my other hand to the next in line to pledge.

Connie 13 DOF

Bonnie

Hi, Connie, thanks for your hand, which I gratefully take and pledge with you not to smoke today.  I offer my other hand to the next EXer who wants to join us in our pledge to remain SMOKEFREE today.

Bonnie

162 DOF

Kbloodless

Hi Bonnie I’m grateful for your hand and the example you share by pledging yourself. I pledge to not smoke today or any day this month of June and July, July may be my 3nd holiday after quoting the 2nd being Father’s Day today, and the 1st being Mother’s Day. anywho I’ve been having ups and downs and I’m living with my fiancé who says he’s quit but really he smokes a few times a week, yesterday he left a cig in my car and asked me to bring it inside, I was upset, and he doesn’t understand or care, he says he’s quit but I know it’s not true anyway dealing with that’s really annoying but still I pledge! And pledge again tomorrow! I reach out my hand for the next person on their quit journey! 

Giulia

Thanks for your hand Bonnie.  I take it and promise not to smoke this day nor this upcoming week.  Holding out my hand for the next pledgling....

IMG_7994.JPG

Barb102

You know I’m happy to take your hand. I promise not to smoke today. I offer my other hand to the next person to pledge. NOPE

To all the great fathers out there Happy Fathers Day

Barb. 150! DOF

Pops

Hello Barb102‌.  I will gladly take your hand as I extend my other hand for the nEXt EXer inline, and pledge to not smoke one single puff of nicotine no matter what...on this Fathers Day!

Pops w/59 DOF