cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge July 2019

pastedImage_1.png

Happy July everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events  community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

Did you know there are many countries which have their Independence Day during the month of July?  These include the United States, Belarus, Venezuela, Argentina, Belgium, the Bahamas, and the Maldives.  The national days for France and Canada occur in July as well.

7 Facts about the 7th month in History:

1847 – US Postage stamps went on sale for the first time

1985 – After an unsuccessful attempt to change its formula, Coca-Cola brings back the original formula as “Classic Coke”

1960 – Etch-A-Sketch goes on sale

1902 – The air conditioner gets invented

1955 – Disneyland opens in Anaheim, CA

1969 – Neil Armstrong becomes the first person to walk on the moon

1904 – Charles E. Minches of St. Louis, MO fills a pastry cone with two scoops of ice cream and the ice cream cone is invented.

Now that you have a few fun facts about July, it is time to pledge. 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
352 Replies
SherilynX

Thanks Barb, for your hand, which I accept!  I pledge not to vape on this glorious, new day.  I offer my hand to the next Ex ready to pledge!

Sherilyn, 8 DOF

PastTense

Thanks for the hand, Sherilyn!  Today is Day 1 and I can use all the help I can get.

I pledge to remain smoke free today.  All day.

I offer my hand the next Ex.

PT

Day 1

Keep the Quit
PT
MarilynH

I'll happily take your hand PastTense and congratulate you on your awesome decision to quit smoking YAY for your glorious day ONE which turns into DAY WON this evening with many more to come and congrats to you SherilynX on your precious quit journey YAY for all of us here at Ex for each and every Day WON, I'm also pledging to remain Smokefree while EXtending my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 1844 DOF 

TriGirl

I will take your hand, Marilyn and pledge to be smoke-free today no matter what! I am also happy to have PastTense‌ joining us! It will be your day WON in no time!!! My other hand is out for the next to pledge.

Kelly

58 DOF

TriGirl

Yay SherilynX‌!!!

minihorses

Good Morning TriGirl and thanks for the hand.  I will hold it and pledge to not smoke today.  I extend my other hand to the next person who pledges with us.

Julie  323 DOF

elvan

Good morning minihorses‌, Julie, and thank you for your hand as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to join us.

Ellen 2020 DOF

0 Kudos
Mavihoja

Good Morning, Ellen...I gladly accept your hand this morning in

encouragement to stay a non-smoker. And pledge to remain a

non-smoker...NOPE! Now, I extend my other hand to the next pledger...

Blessings,

Michael 42DOF

0 Kudos
SherilynX

PT, You can do this!  This site is great, stay close!  Congrats on your decision to quit.  Go PT!

Sherilyn

8 DOF

mpnaegle

Good morning SherilynX, and thank you for your hand!!!  I will join in the pledge to not smoke today.  I extend my free hand to the next EXer wishing to pledge.  Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Mark 114 DOF!!!!!!