cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge July 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy July everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

Did you know there are many countries which have their Independence Day during the month of July?  These include the United States, Belarus, Venezuela, Argentina, Belgium, the Bahamas, and the Maldives.  The national days for France and Canada occur in July as well.

7 Facts about the 7th month in History:

1847 – US Postage stamps went on sale for the first time

1985 – After an unsuccessful attempt to change its formula, Coca-Cola brings back the original formula as “Classic Coke”

1960 – Etch-A-Sketch goes on sale

1902 – The air conditioner gets invented

1955 – Disneyland opens in Anaheim, CA

1969 – Neil Armstrong becomes the first person to walk on the moon

1904 – Charles E. Minches of St. Louis, MO fills a pastry cone with two scoops of ice cream and the ice cream cone is invented.

Now that you have a few fun facts about July, it is time to pledge.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
534 Replies
MarilynH

I'll gladly take your hand Connie and congratulate you on your splendiferous 31 precious Smokefree days and counting WTG, I'm EXtending my free hand to the next person in line while I'm pledging to remain Smokefree no matter what.

Marilyn 1447 DOF or something like that  

Gilamonster

C3BC65DB-9292-4BFA-9D01-AC766F250DBA.jpegI merrily take youd hand Marilyn and pledge to not smoke today and extend my other hand for the next

Ex-er.

141 DOF Gayle 

Sandi4

Hi Gayle - I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  My free hand is extended to the next person who chooses to pledge with us.

Have a nice day!

Sandi

190+ DOF

pktabron

Hi Sandi,

I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today. I offer my free hadn to the next person.  NOPE NOPE.

To all, I pray for freedom from  nicotine.  

Pam

6 DOF

marylou18150

I gratefully accept everyone's hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I want to thank all of you for you willingness to share, encourage and help me and so many others on this EX-journey.  This journey is not easy and it is never over.   Some days are so busy that they just fly by with no worries. Some days are days of strength and resolve.  Some days are sheer determination.   While I have looked to this blog for inspiration and strength many times, today is the first time I have participated.   I want to thank every person in the EX-community ...you have truly helped me stay on the path!  Today is day 247 for me and I extend my hand to the next person.  

DLHaffner

Good morning pktabron‌!  Thank you for your hand, I gratefully accept and pledge not to smoke today.  I expend my free hand to the next EX-er in line.  Thank you to all those on this site!  Today I celebrate 4 MONTHS!  Of FREEDOM!!!!

4 months.jpg

Yipee!!!

Danielle

122 DOF!

Pops

Well thank you marylou18150‌!  What an inspiring message today.....I will gladly accept your outstretched hand, as I extend my other hand for then nEXt EXer inline, and pledge to not smoke today...no matter what.....

Pops w / 77 DOF!

princessdeb

Pops ... Good Morning Pops.. I happily take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what.  SINAO  NOPE.  I reach out my other hand to the nEXt EXer to join us. ...

Deborah 27 DOF 

mpnaegle

Thanks Deborah, I will gratefully take your hand and will pledge not to smoke today.  I will extend my free hand to the next EXer wishing to pledge.

Mark 36 DOF

wlh

Thanks for your hand mpnaegle‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 489 dof