cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge February 2019

pastedImage_1.png

Considering February is the shortest month of the year, it sure does have a lot of holidays!

Chinese New Year

National Freedom Day

Groundhog Day

Valentine’s Day

President’s Day

Mardi Gras

My birthday

My son’s birthday

Ash Wednesday

Black History Month

American Heart Month

Chocolate Lover’s Month

National Bird Feeding Month

National Dental Month

Some fun facts about February:

1. February is named after the purification ritual Februa, which was a sort of early Roman spring cleaning festival. 
  2. In Old English, February was called Solmonath (Mud month) or Kale-monath (Kale or cabbage month). 
  3. February frequently occurs in lists of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language.
  4. The Americans have trouble with the word February too – last year, a press release from the White House consistently spelt it as Feburary. 
  5. Much Ado About Nothing is the only Shakespeare play that mentions February. 
  6. Before Julius Caesar’s calendar reform of 45BC, February was the only month with an even number of days. All the rest had 29 or 31. 
  7. February is the only month that can pass with no full moon. The last time this occurred was in 2018 and prior to that was 1999. 
  8. In the USA, the largest American sporting event is held in February, the Super Bowl.
  9. The birthstone for February is amethyst. The birth flower is the violet or iris. 
  10. The ancient Greeks believed that amethyst protected the wearer from drunkenness.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
573 Replies
TBoyette

Howdy, Nanalori!  I am grabbing your hand for support and holding on tight as I pledge not to smoke today! I am extending my other hand to the next EX... We can do this!!! 

Tammy

NO LUNG DARTS TODAY - 17 days so far - feeling stronger each day

lreho

Good morning TBoyette - I pledge not to smoke today and thank you for your hand of support. Today is day 2 and the ego is alive....will stay surrendered and will offer my hand to the next EX.  Strength in numbers. Lets Go !

Kkplayhouse

Ireho I'll take your hand and pledge not to smoke and offer my hand to the next pledge....

Sandi4

Hello Kkplayhouse

I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  My free hand is extended to the next person who chooses to pledge with us.

Have a great day!

Sandi

430 DOF

Lauralives

Hello Sandi, I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke NMW and extend the other to the next in line!!  Laura

Giulia

Thanks for your hand, Laura.  I've got it in mine, and Kim's anaussiemom  too as it appears she was missed.  I will not smoke this day.  Three days away from 13 years.  Now wouldn't THAT be a foolish thing to do!  Offering a foot to the next Pledgling...

pastedImage_1.jpg

(4745 Smokeless Wonders)

NancyJC

Thanks Giulia, I’ll take that foot and pledge to be smoke free today and then I’ll extend my hand to the next person who pledges to be smoke free today.  Peace.

Nancy

3797 DOF 

wlh

Thanks for your hand NancyJC‌!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 725 dof

virgomama

Thanks wlh.  I'll take your hand and pledge a smoke free life/day.  I offer my hand to the next in line.

Cindy 

148 DOF

virgomama

13 years.  That is so awesome, Giulia.  What an inspiration you are.