cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge February 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy February everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events  community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

Considering February is the shortest month of the year, it sure does have a lot of holidays!

• Chinese New Year
  • National Freedom Day
  • Groundhog Day
  • Valentine’s Day
  • President’s Day
  • Mardi Gras
  • My birthday
  • My son’s birthday
  • Ash Wednesday
  • Black History Month
  • American Heart Month
  • Chocolate Lover’s Month
  • National Bird Feeding Month
  • National Dental Month

Some fun facts about February:

1. February is named after the purification ritual Februa, which was a sort of early Roman spring cleaning festival. 
  2. In Old English, February was called Solmonath (Mud month) or Kale-monath (Kale or cabbage month). 
  3. February frequently occurs in lists of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language.
  4. The Americans have trouble with the word February too – last year, a press release from the White House consistently spelt it as Feburary. 
  5. Much Ado About Nothing is the only Shakespeare play that mentions February. 
  6. Before Julius Caesar’s calendar reform of 45BC, February was the only month with an even number of days. All the rest had 29 or 31. 
  7. February is the only month that can pass with no full moon. This will next occur in 2018. 
  8. In the USA, the largest American sporting event is held in February, the Super Bowl.
  9. The birthstone for February is amethyst. The birth flower is the violet or iris. 
  10. The ancient Greeks believed that amethyst protected the wearer from drunkenness.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator - Google Sheets 

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
570 Replies

I'll be honored to grab Darn Painter's hand and extend mine to the next and promise not to smoke today.

Lori, 738 DOF

Twohearts67

Thanks crazymama_Lori and by holding your hand I give my pledge not to smoke at all today WSE, and I extend my free hand to the next EXer in line to join in.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I take your hand Twohearts67‌, pledge not to smoke, and extend my free hand to the next person waiting to pledge today.

Daniela 692 DOF

I went to a lab this morning, early (no appointment so wanted to get out of there soon enough) and stood in line for about 20min.  AZ is wonderful in winter time, and it was about 48 degrees, but I felt it was February....a little like this.

Image result for sun and snowing

And roller831‌, your pledge page for February is wonderful, you did a great job, thank you for all the fun facts!  We are learning here every time we check in, about quitting and not only.

elvan

I am happy to take your hand this morning Daniela2016‌ as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge.

Ellen

0 Kudos
kelsmynme

Thank you for your hand Ellen I will gladly take it and pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand for the next person to join us

Kelly 336 dof

0 Kudos
minihorses

Hey Sweet Lady!  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST.  Do the Dr's have him under a psychiatrist care?  I think that doctor would change medicines  or used something that allows him to handle the pain somewhat with getting so violent.  Some how some way you have got to have home health care when comes home!  I'd be willing to start a go-fund-me for you all.  Just say the word!

Blessings!   

Julie

wlh

Thanks for your hand kelsmynme!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line to pledge with us today.

Lynne 335 dof

Bree19

kelsmynme

Hi Kelly  - Thanks for your hand.  I pledge not a puff of smoke near me and I reach for the next EXer to pledge with us.

Bree 338DOF

B-La

Thank you Lynne. I'll take your hand with one of my own and vow to remain smoke-FREE this entire Day. I offer my free hand to whomsoever wishes to join with us. 

7 DOF I'm confessing to have cheated 7 days ago. Would've been 18 days Free. Back on track Now though.

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Happy Groundhog Day!  I pledge to not smoke today and extend my hand to the next ex on their journey.

-Michelle

0 Kudos