cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Stay Active in August, it may just save your quit!

Hello Everyone,

I usually have Holidays to post about and catchy phrases. Well, I have racked my brains and checked my calendars, there are a few minor celebrations but nothing major. 

August is still a month where we can swim and be outside. Avoid the real hot and humid days as much as you can, but stay active (busy) as much as possible. It just may save your quit. Many of us complain about the weight we gain when we quit smoking. Staying busy not only can smash a crave but can help keep the weight off!

If any of you have a special day, holiday, event or celebration feel free to shout it out!

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping keep this group active and lifting each other up with your pledges. In July, we had 6 pages of pledges and an average of 9 pledges per day.

Commit/stay committed to your quit! Please join us in the Daily Pledge and keep you commitment strong.

Terrie

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Taking your dog for a walk early in the morning or after the sun goes down is a great way to stay active.

Or swimming a few laps is a great activity. (Can't smoke when you are wet and great exercise)!

Never hurts to find a shady spot to get out of the heat!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
293 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hi, Plug66, I gladly take your hand as I promise not to smoke and I offer my free hand to the next in line wishing to make the same promise!  Terrie  393 DOF

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
shashort

Hello everyone. Hi Terrie I gladly take your very strong hand to hold and pledge not to smoke no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next in line.

Sharon 81 days now of freedom

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning all!    Sharon, thanks for your hand.    I'll hold on and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!      I'll hold out my other hand to the next in line.

Sharon 1093 DOF

A picture of happiness!

0 Kudos

I take your hand Sharon and pledge not to smoke.  I'll await the next in line

Lori 190 days of freedom

0 Kudos

Lori, I gladly take your hand as I pledge to not smoke today and I offer my hand to the next in line to pledge. 

Maureen

Never give in, never give up, just say NO a day at a time

0 Kudos

Maureen, thank you for your hand! I gratefully take it and pledge to not smoke today, no matter what!

I offer my other hand to the next to pledge.

Joyce

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Going to start cooling down in the 80's, the high was 109-112!!

I gladly take your hand Joyce and pledge to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge

Mag at 1113 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos
vanlil

Good night all............I send in my pledge before  I go to bed.  

I pledge to not smoke tomorrow Day 46 NO MATTER WHAT!

I am so grateful to be a non smoker............

I gladly take your hand Mag and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge.

Gratefully

Lillia

0 Kudos
plug66

congrats van...i take your hand and offer mine to the next member in line...no smoking

0 Kudos
shashort

Good morning all!

Hey Pat I gladly take your hand and I pledge not to smoke today no matter what! I offer my free hand to the nex in line.

Sharon

0 Kudos