cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

manofsteele

Sep 5th Weekend - Throw Cigarettes Into The Bonfire That You Would Have Smoked

Welcome To The Weekend Bonfire. It Is a time to throw all cigarettes you would have smoked since quitting into the fire. I like to dedicate it to those that have died with cancer but you can dedicate it for any reason you choose. I dedicate My Bonfire toss to My Mom, My Aunt Shirley, Moonbug Jean, Randall Rogers and to M&M Robin that passed on Aug 1 after fighting COPD.

I thank Karen for the campfire graphic and all people that are able to say they are smoke free and can throw cigarettes in the bonfire this weekend.

If you need something to help you count the cigarettes you would have smoked try the Quit Keeper or http://www.quitmeter.com/

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
manofsteele

my stats = no smoking and no excuses to smoke = 230 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes, 8 seconds

Cigarettes not smoked = 72,697

wow .... I am glad I have filled my insides with love and there no is no room for these crappy smelling, lung destroying, cancer causing ....cancer sticks any more ..... be gone .... buh bye ..... dont need ya in my life any more.... no more will I be deceived by your lies ..... no more

anyone else?
0 Kudos
nan7

Hi, it is just nice to feel the warmth of the bonfire - I am tossing in 9 packs....watch out for the ammonia and other 2000 chemicals in them - they could explode.
0 Kudos
Abby3

Here's another 1649!
Burn 'em up please!
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

I have to jump in here because I was fiddling with the numbers just a bit ago.

76 days 1520 death sticks not smoked. Lined up end to endand not accounting for filters equals a cigarette 418.9 feet long. This of course prompted me to look at the damage done. This is scary and I think a great exercise for everyone to do. Just to put things into perspective....... 🙂

Yes this is a very good idea and I'm appalled at my numbers. Check this out.
I smoked average 1 pack a day for 30 years.
20 X 365 X 30 = 219000 cigarettes
I do believe a King cigarette is 84mm or 3.307 inches long
3.307in / cigarette X 219000 cigarettes = 724233 inches long
724233 in / 12 = 60352.75 ft
Mount Everest, the highest point of land on earth is 29035 ft high.
60352.75 / 29035 = 2.07
Two times Mount Everest........Holy SHIT!
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT A CIGARETTE TWICE AS HIGH AS MOUNT EVEREST WAS ONE HELL OF A PROBLEM WOULDN'T YOU? Damn brothers and sisters. I'm not doing that shit again. I'm glad I'm alive................ 😉
God bless,
Jim
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

I dedicate the NON INHALED BURNING of all of my cigarettes that I will not smoke to the memory of my MOM.....I love you MOM. RIP
0 Kudos