cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

jim_taddeo

PAST: Daily Pledge March-02 through March-08.

DAILY PLEDGE........WELCOME TO YOUR FREEDOM??

AFTER THE DARKNESS........

..................COMES THE HOPE OF THE MORNING LIGHT!

I Pledge Not To Smoke Today or Tonight and I Extend My Smoke Free Hand of Support to The Next In Line

I Pledge No Excuses to Smoke For Me Today
I know that NO EXCUSE TO SMOKE IS EVER VALID!
I know that any memories I may have about smoking being MY FRIEND, MY COMFORT, MY STRESS RELIEF, MY RELAXATION, MY ESCAPE, OR ANYTHING POSITIVE ARE NOTHING BUT LIES!
WHEN MY MIND TELLS ME THAT I AM SUFFERING BECAUSE I QUIT SMOKING I WILL KNOW THAT IS A LIE FROM A JUNKIE TRYING TO KEEP USING!
THE TRUTH IS THAT I AM NOT SUFFERING!
IN FACT I AM HEALING FROM THE TRUE SUFFERING THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WHILE ACTIVELY ADDICTED TO NICOTINE!
I ONLY THOUGHT I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF BECAUSE OF CHEMISTRY NOT REALITY!
I know that if I take ONE PUFF IT WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH ONE PACK, WILL BE ONE CARTON, AND FROM THAT POINT ON I WILL BE RIGHT WHERE I STARTED FROM, AN ADDICT THAT USES!
I Pledge, if I do think about cigarettes today, I will think of the most horrific effects of smoking because there is no pleasure in killing myself.
So the picture I will think of will be of CANCER, PAIN, RADIATION TREATMENTS, HAVING A LUNG REMOVED, A SLOW HORRIBLE DEATH, HORRIBLE SUFFERING AND MOMENTS OF TERROR, MY LOVED ONES CRYING AT MY FUNERAL, THE COLD GROUND AND DEATH.

I pledge that I will remain committed to myself and this QUIT so that I will allow myself enough time to find out how GREAT LIFE ACTUALLY CAN BE AS AN EX-SMOKER.

Since I am planning on a smoke free day I extend my great smelling hands of support and strength to the next person in line...........

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
katheen

I will hold my hand out for the nEXt person in line I'll not smoke for the nEXt 24 hours.
0 Kudos
claudia2

Good morning Kathleen, I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours. I extend my hand full of strength to the next ex in line.
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Good morning Claudia, I will take your hand and make my pledge to remain smoke free for the nEXt 24 hours. I EXtend my free hand and strength to the nEXt EX in line.

Papa Jimmy free and healing for Eight months, one week, two days, 59 minutes and 52 seconds. 5080 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,143.37. Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes.
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

((((Linda))))

I'll take your hand and squeeze it tight while I make my daily pledge of smoking FREEDOM!! I'm reaching out for the nEXt in line!!

Photobucket
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
ami

Sarasmile, I take your hand and pledge another 24 hours smoke free and offer my free hand to the next in line.
0 Kudos
Diana20

Snowing like CRAZY.... I pledge to be smoke free today and I reach my hand out to the next ex who may want it! Sorry I havent been here in a while...
0 Kudos
Denise3

Diana, I gladly take your hand and pledge to be free of tobacco and nicotine for the next 24 hours and extend my free hand to the next person..............
0 Kudos
Legend

Thank you Denise, I will take your hand and pledge to be smoke free for 24 hours and I will extend my other hand out to the next in line with my support.

Chrisitne
0 Kudos
judy9

Good Morning Pictures, Images and Photos Good Morning, Thanks Christine for your hand in support. I, Judy, am here today to pledge to not smoke for the next 24 hours and wish to extend my other hand out to the next to pledge........
0 Kudos