cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

jim_taddeo

PAST Daily Pledge 26-Jan through 01-Feb.

DAILY PLEDGE........WELCOME TO YOUR FREEDOM??

NO MATTER HOW DARK IT IS, THE SUN ALWAYS COMES BACK OUT!

THEN WE GET SOME SERENITY!

I Pledge Not To Smoke Today or Tonight and I Extend My Smoke Free Hand of Support to The Next In Line

I Pledge No Excuses to Smoke For Me Today
I know that NO EXCUSE TO SMOKE IS EVER VALID!
I know that any memories I may have about smoking being MY FRIEND, MY COMFORT, MY STRESS RELIEF, MY RELAXATION, MY ESCAPE, OR ANYTHING POSITIVE ARE NOTHING BUT LIES!
WHEN MY MIND TELLS ME THAT I AM SUFFERING BECAUSE I QUIT SMOKING I WILL KNOW THAT IS A LIE FROM A JUNKIE TRYING TO KEEP USING!
THE TRUTH IS THAT I AM NOT SUFFERING!
IN FACT I AM HEALING FROM THE TRUE SUFFERING THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WHILE ACTIVELY ADDICTED TO NICOTINE!
I ONLY THOUGHT I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF BECAUSE OF CHEMISTRY NOT REALITY!
I know that if I take ONE PUFF IT WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH ONE PACK, WILL BE ONE CARTON, AND FROM THAT POINT ON I WILL BE RIGHT WHERE I STARTED FROM, AN ADDICT THAT USES!
I Pledge, if I do think about cigarettes today, I will think of the most horrific effects of smoking because there is no pleasure in killing myself.
So the picture I will think of will be of cancer, chemo, radiation, sucking air through tubes, a nice slow death, spending lots of time in hospital waiting rooms, horrible suffering and moments of terror, my loved ones crying at my funeral, the cold ground and DEATH.

I pledge that I will remain committed to myself and this QUIT so that I will allow myself enough time to find out how GREAT LIFE ACTUALLY CAN BE AS AN EX-SMOKER.

Since I am planning on a smoke free day I extend my great smelling hands of support and strength to the next person in line...........

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
katheen

Hi, I'm giving my hand to the nEXt person in line so that they may take it and not smoke for the next 24 hours no cig. will touch my lips or anything that looks like one will touch my lips today.
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Good morning Kathleen....I gladly take your hand as I pledge to remain smoke free for the nEXt 24 hours. I EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EX in line. It a beautiful FREEZING COLD Monday morning to be smoke free. I get to test a cold related issue and this is the perfect day to do it......I'm Papa Jimmy and I have been free and healing for Seven months, five days, 56 minutes and 44 seconds. 4380 cigarettes not smoked, saving $974.72. Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, 0 minutes.
0 Kudos
claudia2

Oh papa jimmy, I love it when I can take you handw, although they sound like they are freezing this morning, but I take them none the less and pledge OUT LOUD and freely not to smoke for the nEXt 24 hours. I EXtend my warm hand or hands to the nEXt person in line that is willing to make this commitment for 24 hours. I can proudly say that I have been smoke free for 3 weeks, 1 day. 15 hours. and 31 seconds. VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT!
0 Kudos
kellie_a

I'll take that hand as I pledge NOT to fill my body with the vile poisons for today and I extend my hand to the next in line that may need the support to keep traveling this road to freedom.
0 Kudos
jen30

Good Morning Kelli. Thank you for the hand of support. I pledge to not smoke for the next 24 hours, and I extend my smoke-free hands to the next in line that may need support and strength.
0 Kudos
a.d.

Linda I will gladly take your hand and pledge another smokefree day. Woohoo. I extend my hand to the next Ex smoker who will pledge.
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

Morning Napper, Congrats on 11 days, that's great!
I'm not going to smoke today either, woo hoo!
I hold out my hand to the nEXt in line!
ps: Love your name cuz I love to NAP!
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
Diana20

Good smoke free Monday everyone!!! Yawnnnnn. I will take the hands before me and pledge to not smoke today and I reach out to the nEXt person who would like to hang with us!
Keep breathing.
Diana
4 months +
0 Kudos

Diana, i will take your hand and hold out my hand to the next ex! i am 5 dys, 8hrs 45min. i wanted to smoke last nite but i had made this pledge...............
0 Kudos