cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

OCTOBER DAILY PLEDGE 2020

Take the Pledge Take the Plunge Into Freedom

boy,cliff,jump,courage,sea,klipp springer,sport,leisure,pike jump,plunge,swim,body,sunset,rock,overcoming,sporty,venture,high,landscape,coast,water,nature,ocean,sky colors,sky,tree,holiday,summer,evening sky,silhouette,back light,composing,digiart,free pictures, free photos, free images, royalty free, free illustrations, public domain

Is your commitment weak?  Then grab a hand here.  Is your commitment strong?  Then grab a hand here. Whether you're new on the journey to freedom, or you've been free for years - the pledge is the same pledge.  We promise to not smoke or vape or chew this day.  We promise that and hold out our hand to the next person who desires the same freedom and who is willing to accept the challenge.  For quitting IS a challenge.  More so in the beginning of the journey. But even along the way, grabbing a hand and making a pledge can help strengthen our commitment or help us through a surprise craving, or just keep us AWARE of the preciousness of our quits.

Hand in hand in whatever stage of our development we can and WILL persevere and overcome by promising to never take another puff.

================================================================================== 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
391 Replies
wlh

Thanks for your hand mpnaegle‌!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 1308 dof

Jlim507

I pledge not to smoke for the rest of my life.  The first few months of my quit was not so bad once you got used to not smoking.  It has been six months since I quit and my quit is getting stronger.  I no longer see smoking as something that I would do again and I begin to despise the idea of smoking.  I don’t despise the people who smoke, I just don’t like the idea of smoking.  The cons are everywhere in smoking such the smell, the craving to smoke, the money wasted, the time wasted smoking instead of doing something else, and your health wasted.  Why’d anyone start something like that in their life.  I choose to be free from this poison in my life.  I have been enjoying the freedom of being smoke free and so should everyone in this world.  Go Freedom!

SuzyQ411

Thank you Jlim507‌ for sharing your fantastic 6 mos. quit with us and your new attitude on smoking. I take your hand in agreement with you to not smoke even one cigarette on this first day in October, no matter what, and I offer my hand to the next in line who pledges the same.

Tanuaj

Hi Suzy. I will gladly take your hand and extend my other hand to the next person in line. Don’t squeeze though-Arther is here. I gardened yesterday. I pledge to not smoke today. Tanuaj 171 DOF

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

You've got it --- a tender holding of the hand-- Tanuaj‌..Arthur also visits me just about every day! 

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Congrats on TWENTY *** ONE *** DAYS *** FREE *** OF *** CIGARETTES LeftysLady‌... one month free is right around the bend for you!! 

congrats well done.jpg

0 Kudos
Gai.C

Good morning Everyone. @SuzyQ411  I'll take your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today or ever again. I offer my hand to the next Ex in line 

Good Morning My Beautiful Ex Family!  Thank you for your hand Gai.C‌.  I pledge to remain smoke free again today.  I extend my hand to the next Ex in line ready to pledge another day of being smoke free!

Aaron 73 DOF

Kkplayhouse

Aaron thanks so much for your hand and encouragement as I pledge to remain smoke free. I extend my other hand and support to the next exer.

sweetplt

Good Friday Morning Kkplayhouse I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge.  Colleen 669 DOF