cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Mother May I Keep my Quit? No, Mother I WILL keep my Quit!

Many new Quits will bloom in the month of May and just as May flowers they need to be nurtured, and protected! Protect your Quits, come join us in the pledge!

A good way to do that is to join the New Daily Pledge Group! It is a featured group on our home page and there will also be a link to it on my page! If you are new or just haven't visited for awhile, simply scroll down to the comment box, reach out, take the person's hand before you and pledge not to smoke. You can state your # of days, your name, or post a picture or just make your promise, reach out to the next person and wha-lah that's it your done and we hope you will come back each day to keep your Quit strong!

May 8th is Mother's Day! If your mother is passed away or still here, let's celebrate our Mother's!

If you are a Mother, celebrate yourself!

Let's support and celebrate our Armed forces this month!

Memorial is on May 30th! 

Memorial Day

Holiday    

Memorial Day     

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is observed every year on the last Monday of May, originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868, when the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans founded in Decatur, Illinois, established it as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the war dead with flowers. By the 20th century, competing Union and Confederate holiday traditions celebrated on different days had merged, and Memorial Day eventually extended to honor all Americans who died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.    

Monthly education for May is over! I always learn a lot from posting this pledge group and it's a reminder of how very precious our Quits really are! Let's Pledge to protect our Quits!

I am offering my hand to whoever will take it  and I pledge not to smoke, no matter what! My name is Terrie and I am 300 days smoke-free!

I Won,t Quit on my Quit!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
287 Replies
shashort

Good morning Maureen, I gladly take your hand and pledge to not smoke today no matter what!! I reach my hand out to the next in line to pledge.

Sharon  18 DOF

0 Kudos

Good Morning, everyone! Another beautiful day in West Michigan!

Sharon, thanks for your supporting hand. I gladly take it and pledge to not smoke today, no matter what!

I offer my free hand to the next to pledge.

Joyce

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Joyce and pledge to not smoke for today and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge

Mag 1050 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I will take your hand Mag and promise not to smoke for this 24 hours! I offer my free hand to the next person that wants to do the same!  

Terrie  330 DOF! Wow, am I closing in on that year! I just came through another holiday with flying colors!

Thanks, EXer's!

I will be putting up the new June pledge sometime tonight! I will blog with the link! Hope to see you all in June!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos
shashort

Hi Terrie.  Congrats and your 330 days of free and closing in on the big year milestone.Thank you for your hand as I promise not to smoke today NO MATTER WHAT!!!  Warning my be holding and squeezing a little tighter today, I offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge and with the same warning to you I may squeeze a little tighter to hold on today.  Thanks for taking my hand and getting me through the day.

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning  All

I gladly take your hand shashort and pledge to not smoke for today , NOPE and offer my  free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mag at 1051 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Good afternoon Mag, I am on Atlantic time, anyway I will gladly take your hand and pledge to not smoke no matter what is happening in life and I extend my friend hand to the next person in line. 

0 Kudos
judymarie2323

Hello Marilyn! I gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today no matter what. I extend my free hand to the next person to pledge.
0 Kudos