cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

nikkie-noodle

Long Road But Finally Reached Destination

Well, I remember the day I had to stop. Two weeks before my surgery as my Doctor instructed. Sooner would have been better, but I chose exactly two weeks before, and not before then. I swore up and down this was only going to last only until surgery, and I would go back to smoking soon after. However, I did not know I would suffer withdrawal symptoms so severe. Because I never tried. So, this Sunday will be 5 months for me, and I have been put through the test and have not been tempted. I know two other people in my life who also quit, and they both talk to me for encouragement. I love it! I am so proud of me, and it's good to be free!! Don't EVER GIVE UP OR GO BACK MY FELLOW EX's!!!!!! There are too many rewards behind not being a smoker! I have learned how to live the same way, if not better without smoking. Besides, my skin has cleared up, I drink way more water than I use to. I do not drink coffee everyday, I gave up soda, I can smell everything, my chest don't hurt, my gums in my mouth are lighter, my breath does not smell. I smell good, and I do not have to worry about non-smokers fanning the smoke away in disgust anymore.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jennie3

Clapping Pictures, Images and Photos
Hi Nikki nice to meet you! It really does feel great hih!
Four months, one week, six days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 29 seconds. 6779 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,203.45. Life saved: 3 weeks, 2 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes.
0 Kudos
doreen1

Wow, Nikki! What an awesome accomplishment! To go from a negative "I'm only doing this for two weeks" attitude to being smoke free for

Photobucket WHOLE MONTHS!!

Photobucket
0 Kudos
dian

WTG everyone!!!! another week and it's been 6 months for me!!!
0 Kudos