cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

manofsteele

I Pledge I WILL NOT Smoke Wed May 7 - Nope means Nope ...

Welcome all Daily Pledgers ...

I pledge not to smoke today Wednesday May 7 or tonight and I do not plan on using any excuses that would cause me to break my pledge. i am proud of myself every day I continue my successful quit. I extend my hand of support to the next in line ....

Make it a Successful Day !

PS - I also pledge to bring back a newbie that could use this pledge group to build a strong quit foundation for a successful quit. Will you also help me on this mission?

If you know those that have not joined the Daily Pledge Group please ask them to join us today as the forum pledges will be ending soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
fiveblessings

Thanks for the hand, Karen. I gratefully accept it and join you in pledging not to smoke today, no excuses.
I extend my hand to support anyone else who needs it...
0 Kudos
elizabeth17

I'm not smoking today. No way, no how. I'm absolutely 100% for sure not going to smoke today or tonight. Even if my brain turns on me and makes it all make sense, I am a non-smoker and I'm staying that way. My hand is extended...
0 Kudos
jeannie5

Thanks for your hand Elizabeth! I take your hand and pledge not to smoke today or tonight and offer my other hand to the next Quitter!
0 Kudos
dian

Doreen, I take your hand because I quit today, my first day and need all the help I can get!! I pledge to stay smoke free all day and allow myself extra cookies and allow myself to be nasty if needed......... work on no smokes first and say sorry later. I extend my hand..............
0 Kudos
Giulia

Thanks for your brand new quit hand, Dian. (You can do this!) I'm glad to take it and promise you all I will not smoke this day.

Extending my other hand to the next pledgling to scurry on in.

Giulia (2 years +)
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Day 1 Congratulations ... Prepare yourself for this evening since you told Doreen in another post it would be rougher at night. Prepare a survival kit of hard candies, licorice, cinnamon sticks, apples, celery, carrots or something hand to mouth related. My favorite tip is carrying something like Vics vapor rub with you and putting under nose for every crave you get. Number one way to stay quit is NO EXCUSES to ever take a puff today ....ok? YOU CAN DO IT !
0 Kudos
liz19

I take your hand and offer mine to the next in line. I pledge to NOT smoke today or tonight. No excuses.

Liz
Day 2 40 hours and counting....and feeling great!
0 Kudos
dian

thank you, I read this but wasn't sure how to follow. This forum is a little different from another that I've been on..... vics vapor rub sounds good. I'm in the county and can't run to the store, it's about 10 miles aways so I'm going keep myself busy tonight and puff on my trusty straw...... no excuses for a real puff, no need no need no need noneednoednde, Deep breath........ yay Liz and Giulia, I answered your question but I don't remember where...... LOL this will be the keeper, 7 is a good number to me, I'm Indian and it means a great deal to me.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

I am giving you my hand of support ... Day 2 !!! Super ...

Stay close as it can get rough !

Lean on us - I know you can count on myself, Giulia, Doreen and others joining us here and where ever you post !

Ray
0 Kudos