cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Mandolinrain

Freedom Train 5~7~ 2018

This day we  ALL celebrate each other

Hop on the Freedom Train and join this run for freedom! 
Cheer on your friends, shout out your own milestones … IT'S a PARTY!

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!

Learn more about the Freedom train and its conductors.

Where can I sign up?

You can register for the Freedom Train.

Have a question?

Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to Pir8fan (Tommy) or ShawnP at any time.

images-4.jpeg

I decided on the Monday Trains I will make up my own Holidays

Quilts have a special place in my heart. I used to go to church on Thursdays with my Nana and help sew quilts for the needy. Of course I think they tore out my stitches but it was fun sitting around the quit with all those grandmas. Never felt so loved as I did on those special days with them.

So Today is Freedom Trains QUILT DAY. Share a lovely quilt 

Heres some very cool ones I found.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpegimages.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Quilts have come along way since the days of the old block pattern and dresden plate, but they are spectacular to see no matter what pattern.

Like our quits they take time and patience to develop. With persistence

they turn into something to be admired . 

Like all of you

Have a wonderful day and N.O.P.E.

Have a cup of JOE on me

Unknown-4.jpeg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
21 Replies

Mandolinrain‌ My boss at the salon I worked at taught me.  We had a lot of time on our hands being a brand new salon. Lol

TurboRose

I couldn't resist joining in on this conversation.

First and foremost congratulations to everyone for another day of freedom from smoking whether it's 1 day or 1,001 days. My hat is off to you! 

Quilts, ah the sweet memories.  

I have two vivid memories that feature quilts. The first is a quilt rolled up like a log on the back of my maternal grandmother’s couch.  The second is my mom and I visiting her good friend. Her friend’s grandmother, Grandma Lightfoot, is sitting in a rocking chair, she has two long braids and she's making a quilt.  She's doing the sewing by hand.  It wasn’t until later I learned the quilt on the back of my grandmother’s couch was made by Grandma Lightfoot.

I don’t how it happened but I have two of Grandma Lightfoot’s quilts.  There’s a small blue one I used when I was playing with my baby dolls. The other one is red, pink, and white and is closer to a twin bed size. Luckily, both of them are still in good shape.

Recently, I tried my hand at making a small art quilt.

Wow, what a blast from the past filled with sweet childhood memories.  Thanks!

20180510_215000.jpg20180510_214905.jpg

20180510_213811.jpg

0 Kudos