cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

TerrieQuit

Declare your Independence from smoking

Keep your commitment strong! Join us and take the daily pledge not to smoke. We help keep each other accountable for our quit!

Here are a few interesting things happening in July:

Happy Canada Day on July 1rst for our Canadian friends!

Canada Day (FrenchFête du Canada) is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the Constitution Act, 1867 (then called the British North America Act, 1867), which united three colonies into a single country called Canada within the British Empire.[1][2][3] Originally called Dominion Day (FrenchLe Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982, the year the Canada Act was passed. Canada Day observances take place throughout Canada as well as among Canadians internationally.

Independence Day (United States)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

"Fourth of July" and "4th of July" redirect here. For the date, see     July 4. For other uses, see     Independence Day (disambiguation). For other related material, see     Fourth of July (disambiguation).  

Independence Day
Fourth of July fireworks behind the Washington Monument, 1986.jpg       
        Displays of fireworks, such as these over the        Washington Monument in 1986, take place across the United States on Independence Day.      
Also called The Fourth of July
Observed by the United States
Type National
Significance The day in 1776 that theDeclaration of Independence was adopted by the Continental Congress
Celebrations Fireworksfamily reunions, concerts, barbecuespicnics,paradesbaseball games

Independence Day of the United States, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth in the U.S., is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, by the Continental Congress declaring that the thirteen American colonies regarded themselves as a new nation, the United States of America, and no longer part of the British Empire.[1] Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworksparadesbarbecuescarnivalsfairspicnicsconcerts,baseball gamesfamily reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
268 Replies
Magstoyou

Good Morning All

Thanks for your hand Terrie and look at you almost 1 year!! Congratulations on 362 DOF. I take your hand and pledge to not smoke for today, no matter what and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge

Mag at 1083 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos
shashort

Hello all!!

Thanks for your hand Mag I gladly take your  and pledge to not smoke today, no matter what and offer my free hand to the next person in line to pledge.

Sharon 51 days of freedom

0 Kudos

I'll grab your hand Sharon and extend mine to the next in line and pledge not to smoke this holiday season

160 days of freedom

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I will gladly take your hand Lori and pledge not to smoke no matter what, here's my free hand to the next person in line. .

Marilyn 720 DOF 

0 Kudos
plug66

i take ur hand marilyn and extend mine

0 Kudos
PennyLynn7407

Happy 4th of July, Y'all!

Hi plug66! I gladly take your hand, as I pledge not to smoke today- no matter what happens! I extend my free hand to the next in line to pledge...

Penny 71 DOF

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Happy 4th of July Penny, happy 4th to everyone, I gladlytake your hand and pledge not to smoke no matter what is happening in life and here's my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 721 DOF 

0 Kudos
Cindiboo

Happy 4th!!

Penny I take your hand and pledge to not smike no

matter what today! I. Extend my other to next in line

to pledge . 

yes I Cam ... Already did 92!! DOF

cindy

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good Morning!  Happy 4th!

Cindy, thanks for your hand. I pledge not to smoke today and offer my free hand to the next person in line.

Victoria  25 DOF

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Good Morning Victoria.     Thanks for your strong hand.    I'll hold on as I pledge that I will not smke today no matter what!     My other hand goes out to the next in line!

Sharon    1064 DOF

0 Kudos