cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

richie

Daily Pledge

every time i sneak a cigarette, i force myself to ride my bike to somewhere in the city to put one of these stickers up. it makes me do aerobic exercise, which the smoking doesn't help, and also makes me think twice about if i really want that smoke.
  www.obamaquit.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
931 Replies
angie5

I am on day six now, working for seven. Yes, it is a lot of work not smoking, but so worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to all keeping their quits!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

lois and Rain....and anyone else for that matter...You are all welcome to post in the Weekly discussions up above. Please come back and make your pledge every day............then believe in yourself and follow your pledges to FREEDOM! HANG IN THERE! YOU CAN DO THIS JUST LIKE WE ARE DOING THIS! Welcome to your FREEDOM and your CHOICE!
In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
0 Kudos
angie5

Hell week is over!!!! I was offered a cigarette today by someone I used to smoke with. They did not know I had quit when they offered and it was even after a meal. I was prepared for it, I thought I wish I could, but I know I can't so I'm not goin' there. I am so proud I was able to do that. That was a first for me since I quit this time, it was hard but worth it to me now. A moments pleasure is not worth the pain. I will not smoke for the rest of this day!
0 Kudos
whitney3

Today's my first day. Going smoothly so far. So excited to be rid of this addiction!
0 Kudos
Giulia

I have been quit for 1,340 days. That's about three years and eight months.

I promise not to smoke today. Nor tomorrow.

I continue on through constant surveillance and constant perseverance. And by hanging out here from time to time. I have a strong hand to grab.

Grab on...
0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

WOW.............this will take a little getting used to....................WE ARE EXPERIENCING A FEW TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES............PLEASE STAY TUNED! Anyone remember those messages on BROACAST TV? 

JT

In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
0 Kudos
melinda-cook

I think I would like to join this group as I am in recovery and we use the one day at a time concept.  I have been off cigarettes now for 3 days,  I feel awful today for some reason and hope I feel better soon. Maybe a little nap would help. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

I will not smoke today.  Come, take my hand and say the same.....

0 Kudos
barbara42

i pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours, no excuses, and i hold out my free hand for the next in line

0 Kudos
Christine13

I also promise to NOT smoke today!!!  I have about 82 days now, and I sure want the numbers to keep adding up!!

0 Kudos